Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Ryan "Kristers Gudlevskis" Miller 0

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Gotta give credit where credit is due.

That was one of Miller's finest performances as a Canuck.

It's too bad nobody will remember this tomorrow but I think I'm sufficiently impressed enough to have a scotch in his honor.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I don't like Willie at all but I'm not sure how people can blame this game on him. This roster is garbage.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Gotta give credit where credit is due.

That was one of Miller's finest performances as a Canuck.

It's too bad nobody will remember this tomorrow but I think I'm sufficiently impressed enough to have a scotch in his honor.

He lost I'll have a drink to that. Tank!

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I quite often forget the kids only 29 years old. Got lots of great years in front of him.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Would have liked to see more of Lebate. Kind of a fun game considering the Canucks scored zero goals, but the Pen's play such a great style of hockey and Miller kept it a game.

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
Chaput was just as effective as horvat tonight. I didn't mind his deployment at all. He owned his opportunity and could have potted two if he wasn't playing against a rookie Stanley cup winner.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Went to the game, crowd was decent, but not much to cheer about. Really wished Goldobin was able to play there's nothing else worth watching on this team.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Miller was very good. Pens first line is fun to watch. Hopefully Letang, Daley, Olli, Hornqist, Hagelin, Cullen and Rust can be ready for the playoffs.

Paulinvancouver

Dec 19, 2015
Miller wants out. You can easily tell in this format interview. I can make peace with that. Just let's start giving Marie more action.

Itd be awesome if we could get bishop, but there may be cheaper options available. All depends on how many goalies Vegas takes in the draft.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
He lost I'll have a drink to that. Tank!

I'll drink to both.

GYu9x2M.jpg

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Pens fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to give Miller some props. He was absolutely amazing tonight. It almost felt wrong to score on him. He was that good.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
Pens fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to give Miller some props. He was absolutely amazing tonight. It almost felt wrong to score on him. He was that good.

That's great and all.. but he's a UFA and will be gone at the end of the year..
Good for the next team that signs him!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Penguins fan coming in peace.

Willie sucks.

Interesting...is this really the view of Pens fans who don't follow the Canucks night after night?......I've never seen a team like the Canucks worse at changing lines and getting tired players off the ice.

Maybe this is a function of how much time this team spends in the its own zone....but they seem to get one tired guy off; but not two; or they get one d-man off and but can't get his tired partner off.

I have no idea of how much of it is the result of the guy standing behind the bench with his clipboard....but probably a reflection of just poor in-game bench management.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
As much as Miller got pelted with shots, Penquins still had to rely on Murray coming up big. Canucks had their chances but lack much (some would say any) touch around the net. Given our lineup not a bad effort but you have to factor in that the Penquins were tired and not on top of their game. Actually a game the Canucks could have stole.

Liked

Chaput - you wonder if he could become a steady bona vide NHL fourthline center. Maybe not the one year gap filler and then dump player he seemed. Looked better with the Sedins than many have. Got lots of chances (think his goal should have counted) and banged around enough to create some turnovers. Really does stay continuously in the play

Boucher - intriguing player. You wonder if he has enough top end speed but he is smooth. Does a lot little thing in traffic to create chances. Maybe could become a scorer in the right situations but you also wonder if he is one of those players that sort of disappears and, in the end, doesn't accomplish much.

Cramarossa - maybe a case of not expecting much and over rating what he did. Still showed enough speed to disrupt play in the offensive zone and then got to the net to create screens and traffic around the goal.

Miller - outstanding. Problem here is that Miller may be doing more harm than good in any overall perspective on the Canuck situation. Maybe he wins a few games and pushes us further away from better talent in the draft and then just leaves us nothing but a worse lottery position when he takes off this summer. Should have been traded (as many pushed for) before the deadline. At least that way we get something. Another example of the short term thinking of this organization.

Not So Likeable

Larsen - such a twig out there. Gets in traffic around his net and the jig is up. Needs to play in a no touch league. Back to Russia as soon as possible. And poor Biega. A much better player but he gets shunted to forward.

Grenier - never makes much use to of the chances he gets at this level. I think there were better call ups. Grenier really hasn't been doing much in Utica so why give him the call. At present he seems just a body you can throw out. Should not get a new contract.

Stecher is fading.

This is what garbage time looks like and playing the younger players has to be the way to go. Not much choice anyhow with all the illness and injury (team is turning into a hospital dorm). Amazing thing is that in spite of everything, team is right in every game. You would think with the lineup we are using, defeat would come more easily.

Doubt you can say the Sedins are elite any more. Sad but it might be tough watching them play out the string next year. Canucks would do them a huge favor by moving them to a contender but given the salary retention situation that now looks impossible. Why doesn't this team ever look ahead???

If Tanev and Granlund are, as suggested, injured and not just suffering from food poisoning then for Lord's sake keep them out. What's the point of grinding them down further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad