Injury Report: Pekka Rinne expected to return 2/5 against Anaheim

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
FWIW another ESPN Fantasy Update:

Pekka Rinne*, Tue, Feb 3
Rinne (knee) is feeling better, and he'll likely make his return this week, Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports reports.

Spin: A return for Tuesday's game against Toronto seems unlikely, but Rinne might make it back for Thursday against the Ducks, Saturday against the Rangers, or Sunday against the Panthers. Nashville has a rather busy week ahead.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Thomas Willis ‏@TomAWillis 15m15 minutes ago
#Preds goaltender Pekka Rinne on the ice for morning skate.

B87sCj0IAAExs0s.jpg

Robby Stanley ‏@RStanley247 15m15 minutes ago
Pekka Rinne is on the ice for morning skate. That does not mean that he's playing. But he's out there. #Preds

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Good question. No clue. I guess it's good news if he's continuing to take the ice. I still don't think he'll come back tonight, though.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Good and bad news... The good.. They are not rushing him. The bad... we will not see him tonight nor is there any news on him.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As badly I want Pekka to return, I even more want him to return at 101%. Hopefully we can keep up the good play.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Interesting phenomenon going on here. Pekka appears physically ready but the "best interest of Pekka" is code for: "we're going to err on the side of caution cuz we can't afford a re-occurrence".

Sunday's Hutton shutout, coupled with fact that we've been Pekka-less for 7 games now and still have the best record in the league, has given management a cushion and allowed for the strict "best interest of Pekka" conservative approach. If Carter can put up one of two more solid outings, we'll have solidified Hutton as a solid backup we can rely on while resting Peks for what-amounts-to a 2nd Season for him.

Now this cushion isn't overly solid. The Blues are pulling up along side us and before Sunday's game, the Hutton-era was a flop. If Carter lays an egg tonight, it all looks different again and he's once again a flop.

My bet is Peks plays one of the back-to-backs this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad