Injury Report: Pekka Rinne expected to return 2/5 against Anaheim

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Hopefully this is just precautionary in case Pekka can't go with a back to back coming up.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd suspect Pekka will miss some time. I think it's entirely possible we rest him until after the all-star break.

Rest being the key word. As in, not being forced out of the lineup. 3 games isn't much to sacrifice if we can voluntarily rest him for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Ugghhh- trying real hard not to read more into this than there actually is.

I mean, even if he misses just one game we do have to recall a goalie........

Still very scary............

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
don't believe any of this will have anything to do with 'rest'. he's either healthy enough to play or he's too hurt to play. you don't sit him if he's ok, not in the race we are in for the division and in a situation everyone knows your playoff seed probably determines how far you go.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I see this as more of a case of we have back to backs this weekend and an unknown status with Pekka. With Arc gone, we have an extra roster spot to allow for a 3rd goalie for the weekend just in case.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Not jumping off any bridges yet, but this is not positive news.

Luckily, we only have games against eastern teams from here to the break. Rest Pekka for the next couple weeks and hopefully it isn't serious enough where he misses any more than that.

Holding on with bated breath though.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I see this as more of a case of we have back to backs this weekend and an unknown status with Pekka. With Arc gone, we have an extra roster spot to allow for a 3rd goalie for the weekend just in case.

this. If we carry three goalies, then we are just being cautious. Hutton was probably going to get one of the starts anyway, and this weekend he might just get both, especially if he plays well the first game..

however, if we put Pekka on IR, then all bets are off...

hornedfrog

Jun 30, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
don't believe any of this will have anything to do with 'rest'. he's either healthy enough to play or he's too hurt to play. you don't sit him if he's ok, not in the race we are in for the division and in a situation everyone knows your playoff seed probably determines how far you go.

Right, because no competitive professional sports team has ever rested a star player even if he wasn't seriously hurt.

LeBron_James_Cavaliers.jpg

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
this. If we carry three goalies, then we are just being cautious. Hutton was probably going to get one of the starts anyway, and this weekend he might just get both, especially if he plays well the first game..

however, if we put Pekka on IR, then all bets are off...

Good point. Pekka was only going to start two of these upcoming games before the break. If he is nicked up a little, trading two starts against eastern conference teams for two weeks to completely heal makes perfect sense.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I don't know if this is good news or bad news. "Upbeat" is good, but "recovery" suggests that he has an injury that he needs to recover from...

Am I missing something? Rinne was injured. He left the game and did not return with a Lower Body Injury. Now we are waiting to see what the severity of said injury is. If he's upbeat, I would lean towards positive that it's too bad. But let's see what the team says tomorrow.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Right, because no competitive professional sports team has ever rested a star player even if he wasn't seriously hurt.

LeBron_James_Cavaliers.jpg

big difference between a middling Cavs team and the Preds team currently at the top of the entire league.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't know if this is good news or bad news. "Upbeat" is good, but "recovery" suggests that he has an injury that he needs to recover from...

That was exactly my thought- the word "recovery' just scares the crap out of me.

As Tom Petty says, the waiting is the hardest part- I just wish we could find out for certain what the deal is- for us diehard fans, the uncertainty is almost unbearable.

Hopefully we will all find out tomorrow.

NoFncyName

Nov 30, 2014
"Upbeat about his recovery" Implies situation where he must recover. Words do mean things. If it were as minor as we think it is its doubtful that statement would have been made. If I have a sprained ankle I know it is gong to get better and im upbeat about that if I have a pulled muscle I play thru it.

This organization is jut terrible about news surrounding injury. Allowing tweets such as this for us fanatics to speculate. Pretty sure the team doc's have a good idea now about this. But then again after Rinnes surgery last year he was to be out 4 weeks remember that. Why let it be like a soap opera allowing all the drama. Cal up a goalie to Milwaukee leak this info out thru a tweet. Would be better if someone just came out and said something on top of the day to day. How about hes day to day and we expect he could go this weekend but we are going to be cautious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad