GDT: PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames 5/5/15 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Not that it matters anymore, but NBCSN's replays are 100x better than the ones we were shown on Sportsnet and this is the screenshot I got of a paused video. Pretty conclusive if you ask me.

743a5ff64cc2709392b3454d16118c65.png

f63b4a6f078acc6fe8b6d63880a79097.png

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
^Actually, I did see that on Sportsnet, but they only played it once and never went back to it. I think it was on the post-game, though.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
^Actually, I did see that on Sportsnet, but they only played it once and never went back to it. I think it was on the post-game, though.

The USA feed showed it once too..... but only one time and after the game was over.... That puck was at minimum 3 inches over the line before bouncing off the goalie pad.

Toronto got it wrong, regardless of game outcome Toronto got it wrong... The NHL is wrong using a central czar to make calls.... They need to copy the NFL, period.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It's funny that a lot of people counted us out, calling it a sweep... Now that we've won a game, everyone is like "This series is going to 6/7 games!"

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
It's funny that a lot of people counted us out, calling it a sweep... Now that we won a game, everyone is like "This series is going to 6/7 games!"

I will admit when tuning in yesterday with the Flames down late a sweep came to mind.... But that was yesterday, the Ducks are good but not SC good..... Win home game 4 and we have a series!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm now all in for Calgary in this series..

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Best case scenario I see is a repeat of the 2007 series against the Red Wings.

This time it'll be Hiller with the two handed slash to Beleskey's stomach.

thunderchief1994

Mar 13, 2011
Ranger guy stopping by to give congrats guys. What a finish, you had me jump out of my seats when they tied it up with 19 seconds.
You were jobbed for sure on the goal not a goal but karma is a ***** and made it right.
Nice "W" and good luck. Now tie this sucker up.:handclap:

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Ugh... I was sure I was having a panic attack last night after the no goal then the no hold call on Perry to Brodie. I was so close to writing a strongly worded letter to the league.

Karma is a B and once Vatanen took the delay of game, I knew we were going to tie it. Good for Hartley for pulling Hudler off the 5-on-3, he's been invisible. I'm hoping Ferland is good to go for Game 6, he'll be 1000X more productive than Hudler is while he's injured.

Also, I feel like Gio's a lot closer than everyone's leading on, like Hartley doesn't want everyone to know he's pretty much good to go. Just a gut feeling. Would love to see him step onto the ice for warm up on Friday! would give the crowd and team a ton of energy and confidence.

Lets make it a series boys! Go Flames Go!

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
BrodieHitsBetterQ.gif

So here's the big bad elbow to Belesky's arm which sent him "tumble-weed'ing" across the ice.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
The thing nobody is talking about is that Brodie timed that elbow perfectly with Brian Burke's sniper shot from the press box.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You guys should've heard Pinder go off today about the No Goal in their Clean It Up segment, I was lol'ing my butt off! He was screaming and slamming the table with his hand, calling Bettman, Toronto and the war room a bunch of idiots.

I also find it funny hearing how people try and defend the league saying it was a "no goal". I get that the puck in some angles was slightly elevated off the ice, but really if you cannot tell that the puck was clearly in, then I don't know what to say to you. I am well aware that is the rule in the NHL and I'm saying it is stupid. It gives the league a black eye and a lack of credibility by calling it "inconclusive". Everyone can clearly see that puck was over the goal line, the fact that the NHL didn't have the steel to make the correct call is beyond laughable. As many others have mentioned, the fact that we do not have the proper technology to make the proper call is also so embarrassing. The league deserves to be blasted by the fans over that call.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
You guys should've heard Pinder go off today about the No Goal in their Clean It Up segment, I was lol'ing my butt off! He was screaming and slamming the table with his hand, calling Bettman, Toronto and the war room a bunch of idiots.

I also find it funny hearing how people try and defend the league saying it was a "no goal". I get that the puck in some angles was slightly elevated off the ice, but really if you cannot tell that the puck was clearly in, then I don't know what to say to you. I am well aware that is the rule in the NHL and I'm saying it is stupid. It gives the league a black eye and a lack of credibility by calling it "inconclusive". Everyone can clearly see that puck was over the goal line, the fact that the NHL didn't have the steel to make the correct call is beyond laughable. As many others have mentioned, the fact that we do not have the proper technology to make the proper call is also so embarrassing. The league deserves to be blasted by the fans over that call.

it was so funny

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

To add on to this, I'm gonna say that Sportsnet should clean it up. I can't be the only person who wanted to throw something when, immediately after the refs disallowed the goal, Sportsnet cut to Saprykin's disallowed goal in 2004. Like jesus, salt in the wound. :rant:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
To add on to this, I'm gonna say that Sportsnet should clean it up. I can't be the only person who wanted to throw something when, immediately after the refs disallowed the goal, Sportsnet cut to Saprykin's disallowed goal in 2004. Like jesus, salt in the wound. :rant:

Seriously, we need a clean it up thread to vent.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Woke up the wife twice last night with the yells for the Tie and then OT winner, and the resulting scowls in the morning were more than worth it.

Even though we are still down 2-1 in the series this is a monumental momentum swing for us. After the first game we didn't look like we should even be playing in the same league as the Ducks. The second game while no better result we definitely landed enough blows to make us believe we deserved to be in the game. Last night showed not only can they bleed and make mistakes when pressed but we can use some sustained hard work and actually have a shot at winning.

49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd942a491650b05f.jpg

Game 4 will decide if we continue the dance, work hard and press till they make mistakes, capitalize and maybe squeak out another win - or if the Ducks push back and impose themselves to shut us down. I'm hoping that all that rest that rejuvenated the Ducks to start the series has now been spent and evened out to where were at, and we can keep pressing on them to make this a great series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad