Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Didn't know Ducks could cry.

tumblr_n4r9ezAVSN1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Such salt from Anaheim about how the refs handed the game to us :laugh:

I can't point to a single Ducks penalty as being a 'bad call'.

The Stoner one was as clear as day.
The Kesler one was very apparent, you can't reach out and grab someone.
The Getzlaf one was a slew-foot
The Perry one was a cross-check to the throat of Brodie.
The Nate Thompson one could have been interference too; he just grabbed him and stopped moving his feet.
The Viratnen one is something that can't be argued even.

Not sure where there were some 'soft' calls here. Honestly, the first penalty on Stajan was by far the most debatable.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I can't point to a single Ducks penalty as being a 'bad call'.

The Stoner one was as clear as day.
The Kesler one was very apparent, you can't reach out and grab someone.
The Getzlaf one was a slew-foot
The Perry one was a cross-check to the throat of Brodie.
The Nate Thompson one could have been interference too; he just grabbed him and stopped moving his feet.
The Viratnen one is something that can't be argued even.

Not sure where there were some 'soft' calls here. Honestly, the first penalty on Stajan was by far the most debatable.

But we had the puck less, so the refs were obviously favouring us !!!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Anyone else find the enthusiasm by all of Sportsnet's commentators about the Flames really refreshing? Everyone seems to really love this group and genuinely behind them! So cool to see!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Just popping in to comment about the Angel moniker (some latitude requested). As a resident of Louisville, Kentucky try some Angel's Envy bourbon if y'all can find it.... It's a new bourbon that uses port wine barrels after the 4-6 yrs. in white oak, it's the Angel's cut.

Much better than Canadian Club and it fits you're theme.... :)

I’m now rooting for the Flames to carry the flag after the Habs drop out…

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just popping in to comment about the Angel moniker (some latitude requested). As a resident of Louisville, Kentucky try some Angel's Envy bourbon if y'all can find it.... It's a new bourbon that uses port wine barrels after the 4-6 yrs. in white oak, it's the Angel's cut.

Much better than Canadian Club and it fits you're theme.... :)

I’m now rooting for the Flames to carry the flag after the Habs drop out…

Hmm. I'll keep an eye open for it. All support welcome!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
the salt from Ducks and Oiler fans are strong on the main board

Their insecurity is hilarious. They're trying so hard to convince themselves that we're all bandwagoners and don't bleed our team colours like the true Albertan hockey fans that they are

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Anyone else find the enthusiasm by all of Sportsnet's commentators about the Flames really refreshing? Everyone seems to really love this group and genuinely behind them! So cool to see!

It does feel good, makes up for all the years we got **** on by TSN.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It does feel good, makes up for all the years we got **** on by TSN.

Well, generally it seems that Canadian sports supports Toronto and Montreal more than any other city. Tonight it felt like Calgary was genuinely king in Canada. Like you said, it feels good.

Aug 3, 2010
Actually yeah. As hard as we've been on him he had a solid game. Good to see.

As he's a streaky player, I hope he finds the back of the net ASAP. He's usually good for a 3-4 goal spurt once he pots one, and the Flames need every goal they can muster.

Did anyone else facepalm on that tying goal by Perry, where Getzlafliterally threw a Flames defender off the puck in the defensive zone? I didn't really think Calgary had a small team until that moment. I'd always thought the Flames were a scrappy, moderately-sized group this season, though smaller on average than previous rosters but it wasn't a problem until they matched up with Anaheim this series. T'was depressing to see. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad