GDT: PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames 5/5/15 7:30 MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Great GDT! Only one change I'd suggest (likely not even worth correcting) ~ the first pairing is Fowler - Despres. Looking forward to an exciting game in Calgary. Cheers mates

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
According to the main board we should just mail it in and send Bennet down...

Let´s show em!

Pizza%20Slap%20lnwjf.gif

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Don't post in opponents gdts very often, especially before a game, but your guys gif game is strong and gosh darnit, I really like you.

Last edited:

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Looking forward to the day when Engelland is banished to the realm of 7th d man

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Looking forward to the day when Engelland is banished to the realm of 7th d man

I'm going to go against the crowd and agree with this.

I think TJ has much more to do with Engelland stepping up than Engelland, TJ's numbers continue to be better in all 3 zones whenever he finds himself 'lost' with another partner, while when Engelland sees a rare shift away from TJ (even with Russell) it's a disaster.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Engelland's the 7th defensemen then yeah, the defense, in theory, should be in pretty good shape.

I think TJ has much more to do with Engelland stepping up than Engelland, TJ's numbers continue to be better in all 3 zones whenever he finds himself 'lost' with another partner, while when Engelland sees a rare shift away from TJ (even with Russell) it's a disaster.

This is also very true.

RedHot

Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Ignorant.

Ignorant? Condescending much?

Yes, Engelland was part of the defence that stepped up when Gio went down. But let's not act like he was anything close to the reason they made the playoffs. The reason they made it was the Herculean effort provided by the other 3.

He can't skate, he can't pass, he brings nothing offensively, and is basically a liability defensively. He handcuffs Brodie with brutal passes quite often.

And the thing is, these are the same things that were happening while he played third pairing.

Ignorant. Lol. There's something called objective criticism.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ignorant? Condescending much?

Yes, Engelland was part of the defence that stepped up when Gio went down. But let's not act like he was anything close to the reason they made the playoffs. The reason they made it was the Herculean effort provided by the other 3.

He can't skate, he can't pass, he brings nothing offensively, and is basically a liability defensively. He handcuffs Brodie with brutal passes quite often.

And the thing is, these are the same things that were happening while he played third pairing.

Ignorant. Lol. There's something called objective criticism.

How about you appreciate the fact that he willingly stepped into a top 4 role when Giordano, who was arguably the best defenseman in NHL went down. That's a tough task to pull, and Engelland did a decent job at it. Sure, Brodie is a big reason why Engelland was able to do so, but that still doesn't change what Engelland has done for us March - present.

RedHot

Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
How about you appreciate the fact that he willingly stepped into a top 4 role when Giordano, who was arguably the best defenseman in NHL went down. That's a tough task to pull, and Engelland did a decent job at it. Sure, Brodie is a big reason why Engelland was able to do so, but that still doesn't change what Engelland has done for us March - present.

I appreciate what he did was pretty significant. And he performed to the best of his abilities.

All I'm saying is that, for the reasons I said above, he shouldn't be anywhere near the top 4, or top 6 in my opinion. He's just not good enough.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I appreciate what he did was pretty significant. And he performed to the best of his abilities.

All I'm saying is that, for the reasons I said above, he shouldn't be anywhere near the top 4, or top 6 in my opinion. He's just not good enough.

I think he's capable of holding down the #6 spot until someone bumps him down. It's pretty obvious he isn't suited for a top 4 role. Mark Giordano couldn't come any sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad