FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
1666198359618.png

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well, Silfverberg scored twice, but... really confusing to sit Regenda.
Leason should be the one sitting, but I guess they want him to get in game shape. But... Regenda, man :laugh:

barriers

Feb 10, 2020

He hopes the new coach likes him. Regenda evaluates his season in the NHL positively​

...In an interview for the official website of the Slovak Ice Hockey Association (SZĽH), he admitted that he was not completely healthy.
"It was a long and very interesting season. I was suffering from an illness and I couldn't recover from it even during the World Cup.

So it was long and exhausting. I'm still getting over it, but I already have the new year in my head. My goal will be to fight for Anaheim's main team again," declared the 23-year-old Michalovčan.

...He has already received instructions from his employer regarding what to focus on in the summer training.

"I'm a physically heavier hockey player and I'm fine with my strength. They want me to work more on dynamics. In terms of hockey, I want to continue what I've been doing.
I think that at the end of the World Cup I played exactly what I should have. Improve that dynamic even more and it will be great," explained the bronze medalist from the 2022 Olympics in Beijing.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Reactions: lwvs84 and barriers

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Interesting, maybe that explains why he cooled off quite heavily towards the end of the Gulls' season.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do once he fully recovers. Could be a diamond in the rough, but could be another Volkov.
I was wondering the same thing. The other thought I had was that he was referring to concussion symptoms from that nasty double-hit he took late in the Gulls' season and what I've read was just a poor translation.

I think chances are better than not that he wasn't referring to anything concussion related though seeing as he was playing at the Worlds

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Like to see him get an opportunity in the middle six. Him, Nesterenko, and Groulx(if extended) can be some nice new blood for this Ducks line up.

I'm fine with a player of his toolkit starting on the 4th line and proving his way up the lineup from there.

If we could sign a dependable veteran 4C to play between Regenda and McGinn, I think that could be a pretty effective and well rounded 4th line. Those two as wingers, in theory bring a nice balance.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'm fine with a player of his toolkit starting on the 4th line and proving his way up the lineup from there.

If we could sign a dependable veteran 4C to play between Regenda and McGinn, I think that could be a pretty effective and well rounded 4th line. Those two as wingers, in theory bring a nice balance.

I'm thinking that Groulx might be given a chance at the 4C position, but I'd really like Grant to return.
Projected 2023-24 lineup
Rico - Zegras - Strome (?)​
Jones (?) - McTavish - Terry​
Vatrano - Lundy - Silf​
Nesterenko - Groulx (?) - McGinn​
Carrick, Leason​

That's 14 forwards that doesn't include Regenda. Sure, we might be able to waive Leason or McGinn, but Regenda will still have some competition with Nesterenko and Carrick for ice time.

If Regenda wins a top-9 spot, then I'd be fine with that. If not, then I don't want him with the NHL club. It might appear, at the moment, that Regenda will be in San Diego to start the season. He could become a mainstay with the NHL club around the TDL. I'd rather continue developing Regenda in San Diego, playing top-6 minutes than the meager minutes he'll have on the fourth line with the Ducks as a rotational player.

Adding another FA forward plug this summer will keep some talents out of the NHL club for this season. We still don't know if Fantilli will be with the NHL club this season either.

::: raising shoulders ::: I'd prefer if we stick to the reset rebuild program and use this season as a developmental season and see what develops. Of course there's an exception if a 22-25 year old, high-end talent forward becomes available, but I'd still want us to be in a rebuild season this year and next as our barometer to get better is based upon our blueline progress.

Reactions: Arthuros

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Interesting, maybe that explains why he cooled off quite heavily towards the end of the Gulls' season.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do once he fully recovers. Could be a diamond in the rough, but could be another Volkov.

Thanks for sharing. Maybe this explains why he didn't get more playing time last year. Seeing guys like Leason and Megna playing over him made no sense to me.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm thinking that Groulx might be given a chance at the 4C position, but I'd really like Grant to return.
Projected 2023-24 lineup
Rico - Zegras - Strome (?)​
Jones (?) - McTavish - Terry​
Vatrano - Lundy - Silf​
Nesterenko - Groulx (?) - McGinn​
Carrick, Leason​

That's 14 forwards that doesn't include Regenda. Sure, we might be able to waive Leason or McGinn, but Regenda will still have some competition with Nesterenko and Carrick for ice time.

If Regenda wins a top-9 spot, then I'd be fine with that. If not, then I don't want him with the NHL club. It might appear, at the moment, that Regenda will be in San Diego to start the season. He could become a mainstay with the NHL club around the TDL. I'd rather continue developing Regenda in San Diego, playing top-6 minutes than the meager minutes he'll have on the fourth line with the Ducks as a rotational player.

Adding another FA forward plug this summer will keep some talents out of the NHL club for this season. We still don't know if Fantilli will be with the NHL club this season either.

::: raising shoulders ::: I'd prefer if we stick to the reset rebuild program and use this season as a developmental season and see what develops. Of course there's an exception if a 22-25 year old, high-end talent forward becomes available, but I'd still want us to be in a rebuild season this year and next as our barometer to get better is based upon our blueline progress.
* No reason to bring back grant imo
* Hope we can get rid of Leason... or just waive him... he is useless
* Move Silf
*Would love to get rid of McGinn... i wonder if something around
McGinn for Garland works? I assume vancouver doesnt want any cap back in garland trade tho... either way id love to bring Garland in.

Vatrano Zegras Garland
Henrique McTavish Terry
Comtois Lundy Strome
Jones Groulx Carrick

Regenda/Nesterenko swaping into bottom 6 to get rest.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
* No reason to bring back grant imo
* Hope we can get rid of Leason... or just waive him... he is useless
* Move Silf
*Would love to get rid of McGinn... i wonder if something around
McGinn for Garland works? I assume vancouver doesnt want any cap back in garland trade tho... either way id love to bring Garland in.

Vatrano Zegras Garland
Henrique McTavish Terry
Comtois Lundy Strome
Jones Groulx Carrick

Regenda/Nesterenko swaping into bottom 6 to get rest.

You're bringing back Comtois, but want to rotate between Regenda and Nesterenko? Just get rid of Comtois and leave both players as full time player than rotational players.

I'd rather leave Regenda down in the AHL as a full-time top-6 player than be a rotational bit player on the 4th line. How does that help either Regenda or Nesterenko if they not on the ice trying to improve their game?

Regenda, 2022-23
NHL: 14 games, 1g + 2a = 3pts (0.21 ppg), and -3 rating​
AHL: 50 games, 13g + 12a = 25 pts (0.50 ppg), and -9 rating​

I'd like to see Regenda improve his ppg production in the AHL to reflect the work he put into being more dynamic.

Oh... and I wouldn't re-sign Comtois.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You're bringing back Comtois, but want to rotate between Regenda and Nesterenko? Just get rid of Comtois and leave both players as full time player than rotational players.

I'd rather leave Regenda down in the AHL as a full-time top-6 player than be a rotational bit player on the 4th line. How does that help either Regenda or Nesterenko if they not on the ice trying to improve their game?

Regenda, 2022-23
NHL: 14 games, 1g + 2a = 3pts (0.21 ppg), and -3 rating​
AHL: 50 games, 13g + 12a = 25 pts (0.50 ppg), and -9 rating​

I'd like to see Regenda improve his ppg production in the AHL to reflect the work he put into being more dynamic.

Oh... and I wouldn't re-sign Comtois.
id like to give comtois a shot with a new coach…. But won’t be depressed if we move him

Reactions: duckpuck and lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad