Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtlmonk

Apr 21, 2014
That Buch guy is really impressive...size, good hands, very good with the cycle

Where does he come from? He hurt us all night long!

#HesABust....bring back Glass! :D

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
"I'm not a big fan of statistics, - says New Yorkers defenseman Den Dzhirardi

Indeed.

edit: and a quote from Markov

And at Madison Square Garden, we need to go out and play his football. No need to invent anything. "

No wonder they're down in the series, they're playing the wrong sport!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Weird, I was told he would literally melt if he played a playoff game by most of the sports athletic trainers here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

No. :sarcasm:

Basically he was asked about how the Rangers easily beat the Habs and he said they didn't easily beat the Habs, they're a good team that hits hard. Said that Hank was great and carried the team (I think carried is a bit strong for what he said, but same idea) in NY and Montreal. He said that he likes his linemates who tell him to hold on to the puck. He said that AV asked him if he's played in the playoffs and Buch said "in the NHL, no, in the KHL, yes" and AV laughed and said something he didn't understand. He said that playing in the playoffs was hard at first because of the pace and him not playing in a while and not getting appropriate practice, when he was practicing. He said he doesn't know who the next team is "too early for Pittsburgh?" but will go with the coach's game plan.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No. :sarcasm:

Basically he was asked about how the Rangers easily beat the Habs and he said they didn't easily beat the Habs, they're a good team that hits hard. Said that Hank was great and carried the team (I think carried is a bit strong for what he said, but same idea) in NY and Montreal. He said that he likes his linemates who tell him to hold on to the puck. He said that AV asked him if he's played in the playoffs and Buch said "in the NHL, no, in the KHL, yes" and AV laughed and said something he didn't understand. He said that playing in the playoffs was hard at first because of the pace and him not playing in a while and not getting appropriate practice, when he was practicing. He said he doesn't know who the next team is "too early for Pittsburgh?" but will go with the coach's game plan.

Thanks!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I know this was a throw away line, but you'd think we were the Edmonton Oilers before this year with this comment, WTF?

we just lost to the ottawa senators...with their best player playing on 1 foot....in 6 games....at home.

you dont think this right now is a dismal time?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
we just lost to the ottawa senators...with their best player playing on 1 foot....in 6 games....at home.

Not in the grand scheme of things. I'm not happy about it, but they also beat the Bruins and are in a dog fight with the Penguins. No offense, but if you think that losing in the second round in 6 competitive games is dismal you have been spoiled.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That quote sounds more like a 2002-Rangers recap

Yep, and don't get me wrong I want the cup. I'm not satisfied with the 2nd round exit, I'm upset about it as much as anyone. But "dismal times"? The Edmonton Oilers circa 06-16 will laugh that these being dismal times. It's like a rich person complaining they couldn't afford a Ferrari and had to settle for a Porsche.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

we didn't earn it, we coulda, but we didn't
but i refuse to care more than the players do

there is a gap in the leadership
i love McD,
but IMHO it was wrong time to give him the C, coming off his breakthrough season a top 10 NHL D

need leaders who won't let lazy starts recur, won't let late breakdowns occur, won't let PP droughts recur
someone relentless like Dubi and Callahan were as young Rangers
dont know who that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad