Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
screw his confindence, he isnt that good right now. He needs to more ice time in the minors. I really dont hone in on a player too much and watch them during games, but for some reason i seem to always find him on the ice and the one thing i noticed, he is a , horrible, HORRIBLE passer. Boy o' boy does he makes some poor poor choices with the puck on his stick. Its almost like clock work.....

Weird post

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
@noupf
I'll completely disagree here. His vision is tremendous, his handling is tremendous, and he has a hell of a shot. If he improves his play on the boards and stops trying to force things I could see him being a top line player within a calendar year.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
@noupf
I'll completely disagree here. His vision is tremendous, his handling is tremendous, and he has a hell of a shot. If he improves his play on the boards and stops trying to force things I could see him being a top line player within a calendar year.

i saw it again tonight and against the canes, are we watching the same player? I have no idea where you get the idea that he has tremendous vision. His shot is good, but its blocked often. his passes are off target and forced, he tries to carry the puck along the boards and gets rubbed out. i'm seeing it over and over again.

I hope he improves, but top line talent in a year, i doubt it, unfortunately.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you go by PPG, he's between a 4th and 5th forward right now. If you go by points/60, he was 68th coming into today, which is between a #2 and 3 forward. I don't know what it will be when updated for his point that he got today.

So yeah, there's good reason to believe he's close to a 1st line forward, if you combine the different statistics. He still barely plays, he plays 13:24 per game, which is even less time than Vesey, 26 second less per game than Vesey. League wide, his minutes are between an 8th and 9th forward, so he's playing at like a 1st line level when it comes to scoring points, but plays the minutes that a typical 9th forward does.

Its not unreasonable to think on a bad team, he'd already be a 1st line forward.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's just a shame that he got injured, just when he was starting to feel confident in his game. Seems he hasn't been the same, but maybe it's just because of his minimal minutes and linemates. Iff I were AV, I'd give him top line minutes with Nash and Steps and see what happens.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
If you go by PPG, he's between a 4th and 5th forward right now. If you go by points/60, he was 68th coming into today, which is between a #2 and 3 forward. I don't know what it will be when updated for his point that he got today.

So yeah, there's good reason to believe he's close to a 1st line forward, if you combine the different statistics. He still barely plays, he plays 13:24 per game, which is even less time than Vesey, 26 second less per game than Vesey. League wide, his minutes are between an 8th and 9th forward, so he's playing at like a 1st line level when it comes to scoring points, but plays the minutes that a typical 9th forward does.

Its not unreasonable to think on a bad team, he'd already be a 1st line forward.

Tampa is bad this year; hand him over.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
So is Buch injured or is he just being scratched this weekend? I am in a tight fantasy playoff matchup (for the championship) and cannot spare a roster spot

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
So is Buch injured or is he just being scratched this weekend? I am in a tight fantasy playoff matchup (for the championship) and cannot spare a roster spot

Hard to tell what is happening for this weekend. They're in LA already, so not sure if they'll practice today or just have a morning skate tomorrow.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

I know it's not 100% accurate because of systems and QoT and other things, but Alex made a nice quick chart.

:dunno:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yes, but Tarasenko's rookie season was a shortened season with a total of 48 games. They were handled differently by the coaching staff

That has no effect on this comparison of something g specifically made for "first 38 games"

This is simply a look at first 38 games. Lockout shortened season has nothing to do with this. It's just convenient this matched up.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That has no effect on this comparison of something g specifically made for "first 38 games"

This is simply a look at first 38 games. Lockout shortened season has nothing to do with this. It's just convenient this matched up.

Yes it does, because it shows Tarasenko was a more intregral part of his team during his rookie season, both in games played/games missed and position in the line-up.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Yes it does, because it shows Tarasenko was a more intregral part of his team during his rookie season, both in games played/games missed and position in the line-up.

We're looking at development curves here. A similar level of production at the same age is encouraging.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those above stats aren't going to be good enough to play over Glass.

Can we get his punches thrown per round? What about his land percentage? And is there a power punches category?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We're looking at development curves here. A similar level of production at the same age is encouraging.

Oh, I agree. I just look at the whole picture. Tarasenko was a more integral part of his team at the same age, which I take into account as well

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

I don't agree with that argument: Tarasenko played only 14 more minutes during those 38 games. Similar ice time, similar point production....the future looks bright!

In the end, however, Buchnevich is going to have to do what Tarasenko did--get stronger, become more consistant on both sides of the ice and just get better. He has a lot of potential, but he has to show he has the commitment to live up to it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm very excited for Buch. He's not quite there yet this year, but you could see his tremendous skill. His possession skills are amazing when he's on. Once he bulks up he'll be a star. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes one of the top wingers in the game.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV said his first playoffs game, he said he played playoffs in KHL! :)
Yeah, I like Buch game I hope he plays next game too - I like him, because he does not hesitate to shot the puck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad