Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I have a weird feeling Buch will be traded in the offseason

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Yeah, no Buchnevich is not going to be moved. Unless there is a deal that is irrefutable to make, but that won't happen.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Buchnevich is 3rd on the team in points, 2nd in PP points.

In a rebuild, I am not worried he will be traded. Those are quite impressive for a 2nd year NHL player, especially since his first year was cut short by injuries.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He also plays 15:03, which is absurdly low.

Does any other team play one of their top 3 leading scorer less than 16 minutes per game? He was less than 15 per game before all these recent trades.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He's had a very productive year given the minutes he's gotten, but he also can, should and hopefully will be more noticeable night after night next year.

I said before but it bears repeating, I think he and Skjei need a new coach the worst out of anybody on this team.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
He also plays 15:03, which is absurdly low.

Does any other team play one of their top 3 leading scorer less than 16 minutes per game? He was less than 15 per game before all these recent trades.

I did the legwork on this. Guys under 16 minutes who are top three on their team in points:

Daniel Sedin - 15:09
Henrik Sedin - 15:26
Brendan Gallagher - 15:58

Only other guys under 16 and a half minutes were:

Alex Galchenyuk - 16:08
Nico Hischier - 16:14
Mitch Marner - 16:16
Pierre-Luc Dubois - 16:21

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hard to blame him when he's been mistreated all year, and also was last season. Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to return to the KHL. Look at the post above yours. There isn't a forward in the league as productive who plays less.

Edit: To actually address the point. He's been banished to lower lines lately and has had to play with plugs and then struggling players like Namestnikov, so it's not much of a surprise his recent stats aren't good. Whether or not he "gave up", he's getting no help from AV. He's being treated like a grinder.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Amazing--trying to explain away a sophomore slump by suggesting Buch feels mistreated and has given up?

If he's given up, he should go back to Europe because he's never going to thrive in the NHL.

However, I doubt that's the case--almost any young player who's made it this far is not going to give up and hope a change in coaches is going to "save" him. Doesn't matter who's right or wrong, kids are going to go out there and try and prove the doubters wrong. That's the best way to have a long and successful career in the NHL.

Buch is not that fragile, give him some credit for having to work through a difficult period in his career. I happen to think he's part of the Rangers' future, but he is not a finished product yet, he has to work harder and speed up his game more. There's less time to make decisions in the NHL, the game is faster and played on a smaller ice surface. Making decisions quickly and shooting more will make it very hard to move him out of the top 6.

Reactions: eco's bones

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think his game’s been coming around a bit. That defensive sequence on a PP in the first where he kept the puck in the O-zone was great. If Namestnikov wasn’t snakebitten and there was someone other than McLeod on the other wing - there’d be points for Buch.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Buch gave up on the season ? 1 goal in the last 23 games.
Zibanejad went 1 goal in 11
Grabner went 1 goal in 10
Hayes went 1 goal in 11
Nash went 1 goal in 14
Vesey went 1 goal in 12
Zuccarello went 1 goal in 25
Kreider went 1 goal in 16
Fast went 1 goal in 29
Miller went 1 goal in 17

Goal slides happen. Them being a result of giving up is a simpleton's explanation.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Zibanejad went 1 goal in 11
Grabner went 1 goal in 10
Hayes went 1 goal in 11
Nash went 1 goal in 14
Vesey went 1 goal in 12
Zuccarello went 1 goal in 25
Kreider went 1 goal in 16
Fast went 1 goal in 29
Miller went 1 goal in 17

Goal slides happen. Them being a result of giving up is a simpleton's explanation.

How many of those happened under this coach this year?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Theory of hockey relativity my friend. Not bashing Buch... But people here are grasping for positives among mediocrity.

Sad to see.

Mediocrity? 4th on the team in points as a 2nd year NHLer. Fans just expect a 22-year old to be a finished product.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Mediocrity? 4th on the team in points as a 2nd year NHLer. Fans just expect a 22-year old to be a finished product.

I'm not saying he sucked... But I'm not going to pat a single player on the back after a losing outing this season.

I just dont think that cultivates a winning culture.

PS: I'd play Buch on the top six over the crap we saw for the last three months.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
It'd be nice if the idiot coach put his players in the best position to succeed. He's been told to go with youth by the FO and has. Pionk is getting treated great. Filip and Lias have done well in their cameo... all because they are put in a position to succeed.

Buchnevich is still a very young player, but AV sticks him with Cody f***ing McLeod, a place where hockey goes to die. The way AV has treated Buch is ridiculous.

I'll grant that at times Buchnevich doesn't look overly dynamic on the ice, especially in his own end... but so what? When given ice time and competent linemates, he's proven to be an effective producer.

I'd say it's far more important to have Buch playing well with Zib and Kreider than it is Fast. Fast can play effective hockey on the 3rd and 4th line, whereas it's not Buchnevich's role.

Play your players where they have the best chance to play well. That's all you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad