Post-Game Talk: Pauper

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
They didn’t get the best version of us either and we played the night before too
The Rangers had 3 days off before the back to back. The Kings were on a 4 game road trip playing every other night. They had to fly to Columbus play a game then fly to Montreal play a game then back to backs with the Isles and Rangers. 4 game road trip isn't even close to being the same thing as a 3 day break.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I've said it on the main boards, LA can't be the best team in the league because while they have a lot of above average players and great depth, they really don't have any truly elite players.

Doughty and Kopitar are not elite anymore.

Fiala, Kempe, Dubois are very good but a level below the elite tier IMO.

They are very similar to Vegas last year but i think Stone and Eichel are closer to elite than anyone on LA, and Vegas had a better d-corps too
They allow the fewest goals a game and score the 3rd most goals a game. If you are just reading names on a paper and not the results its not the best way to judge a team.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The Kings structure, which is quite good, is making their goaltenders look better than they really are. You really think Talbot and Copley can have a Cup run? IMO, they have a second round ceiling right now.

They may get the 1 seed when it’s said and done, but I still rate Vegas, Avs and Stars ahead of them out west

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
They may get the 1 seed when it’s said and done, but I still rate Vegas, Avs and Stars ahead of them out west
Sure, but it is still close enough to be a toss up. I like LAK=Stars > Vegas > Avs. But it's super close regardless. Jets and Canucks, nah.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
The Kings structure, which is quite good, is making their goaltenders look better than they really are. You really think Talbot and Copley can have a Cup run? IMO, they have a second round ceiling right now.
Not disagreeing with anything else you’re saying, but I don’t think goalies mean shit anymore when it comes to the playoffs.

Edit - grammar

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Thought the kings and rangers looked like mirror images to be honest. Rangers have more game breakers though.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Word, Brodz has earned that left circle spot on PP1.

Zib would never in a million years attack the middle like that.
Actually I was commenting on Zibad's PP goal. Two seam passes really put the goalie out of position. Zibad was staring at an empty net. L.A. is one of the better teams on the PK and really dropped the ball on that one, letting two cross ice passes through. Bing, Bang, Boom.

But Johnny's PP goal was also very pretty. Troch waiting patiently for Johnny to make his move into open ice, into a prime shooting area and then releasing that rocket of a shot, was also very impressive.

What a great game! Not to mention Troubs laying out a guy in the crease. That kinda exemplified our commitment to playing strong D once again, and showing the best defensive team in the league, how it is done. LOL!

Quick had almost another shutout. He's been amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband and tlk

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GDT is up…

GDT: - Game #27: New York Rangers vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 7pm ET, MSG

IMG_4336.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad