• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes until they traded the entire state of Florida for Tanner Jeannot LMAO
That was very silly, but again it fit their model which obviously has worked out great for them. Can’t win them all I guess. I think Jeannot has been better for them this year though (looked pretty good when I saw them live) and again; he is on bargain contract. They over paid to trade for him but they won’t care if it’s a success. Either way they’ve got a contributor at a below average cap hit. Could be a lot worse.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I loved everything about that game. Didn’t cheat for offense. Stayed in our structure and waited for our chances to come. Very polished performance
Exactly. Our best games this year generally had a low event 1st period, we then wait for the opposition to get frustrated or we get a PP goal and then wait for the other team to push too hard and counter attack using good D and NZ play.

A problem arises when our goalie lets in a soft one despite good DZ play with few chances against though we've been mostly able to overcome that until more recently.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
If you're going to draw a comparison with Tampa, I take issue with seeing them as exceptional because they had Vasilevskiy. Vasilevskiy had one of the easiest jobs in the league. Those Tampa teams, at their peak, barely gave up any chances.

If you want to argue Tampa is exceptional because they had one of the most unprecedented runs of luck with late draft picks in sports history, that holds more weight.
Vas was drafted by them. Rangers would've picked him otherwise.

The point of the argument is drafting Vas does not equal getting rid of Igor and having no plan. It also doesn't equal getting quality goaltending in a trade out of thin air.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Its kind of ironic that the Kings board is complaining about the refs. Wasnt there a rule made because Hank got run over in the finals by them?

Its also amusing that they are killing PLD and his contract. I will say if he he gets going they are going to be scary good. Nhl network on Sirius had them as the best team in the league last week mostly due to that center depth. I would love another center on this team instead of Chytil that could also move to RW if he had to. If this team had 3 lines that could score regularly they are the cup favorites in my opinion. Their 4th line with Vesey has also been surprisingly good. Can't rely too much on Panarin, Tro, Zibs and Kreider.

Huge win but I dont think the Rangers got the best version of the kings. End of a 4 game road trip and on the 2nd game of a back to back. I will still take it.

They didn’t get the best version of us either and we played the night before too

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
If you're going to draw a comparison with Tampa, I take issue with seeing them as exceptional because they had Vasilevskiy. Vasilevskiy had one of the easiest jobs in the league. Those Tampa teams, at their peak, barely gave up any chances.

If you want to argue Tampa is exceptional because they had one of the most unprecedented runs of luck with late draft picks in sports history, that holds more weight.
....and they still needed Cap loophole f***ery and a world-wide pandemic to win their two championships. Just saying.

Reactions: Kords

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have you ever seen a more beautiful Powerplay Goal in your life? It's just like Joe said,... How can you defend against that?
I loved that goal.

We make passes like that often. Zibanejad finally did the right thing and just hit the net. He shoots it too hard. You don't need to shoot it 105 if you get the keeper moving with a good setup.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I loved that goal.

We make passes like that often. Zibanejad finally did the right thing and just hit the net. He shoots it too hard. You don't need to shoot it 105 if you get the keeper moving with a good setup.
location is more important than most things. what made gretzky so great isn’t that he skated well, but he knew where to skate. he didn’t have an all world shot but he knew where to shoot. he knew where his teammates were going to be so he put his passes in that area. panarin’s shot is so lethal because of how accurate it is. if we in general, especially trouba, emphasized location of the shots taken, they’d be far more effective.

the only exception is if the defense insists on blocking everything under the sun, then f***ing blast it until they’re black and blue and learn their lesson.

• Love
Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
As big a fan of Troch that I am, when the season started it made "sense" uthat Troch would be on the 3rd line, only because we were hoping that Filip would make major strides on the 2nd line. Troch being part of a shutdown 3rd. With the 4th line providing that, when Filip DOES come back......he needs to be on the 3rd. Troch has earned it in every way possible. Can't minimize his expertise at the dot, priceless!
Force CHYTIL to elevate, if he wants it that badly. Win, win situation.
Also Trocheck is healthy and reliable.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
When Gus was hot he was being shifted out there with Panarin a lot and they had good chemistry in the offensive zone. The Zib and Trouba pairs shift a lot together.

With Fox’s return, Fox is getting many of those shifts. Gus is out there more with the 3rd and 4th lines. Fox and Panarin have decent chemistry too.

The natural result is that Gus doesn’t look as good. He’s playing more in his own zone which is not his strength.

Gus- Fox should be strongly, strongly considered as an experiment.
If Lindgren prices himself out of the Rangers price range, you will us them sign another defense first guy to pair with Fox. There is no possibility that this coach would consider going with Miller, Gus and Jones as his LD. It's not going to happen. You will see Fox get shifts with Miller or Gus on 4 on 4s or when trailing late. But standard operating procedure will continue to be Fox with a defensive defenseman.

We've been a good 5v5 team this year when we play a cagey game and just take the chances that come. When we go up and down with teams, even the dreck of the league usually outchance us. That just isn't our game.

I would still like to upgrade the defense. We need that to be our calling card.
You are correct. The coaches absolutely hate when the players attempt to go up and down. Lavi's press conference after the Ottawa would tell you that.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
They were at the end of 3 in 4. I get it from their end.

Rangers also were playing a b2b and are with out 2 top 9 forwards+Lindgren on the top pair.
Don't know why everyone keeps saying Lindgren is playing on the top pair. It's pretty obvious that Trouba and Miller are our top pair. The minutes played will tell you that. Fox gets all the PP minutes which drive his TOI up. There are times where Lindgren doesn't play for 5,6 minutes because Fox plays 1:30 on a PP then needs to rest. Lindgren is usually #4 in TOI. But plays crucial time killing penalties and is always out there when the other team has an empty net late. Sorry but Lindgren or someone like him is a necessary component of a good team.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't know why everyone keeps saying Lindgren is playing on the top pair. It's pretty obvious that Trouba and Miller are our top pair. The minutes played will tell you that. Fox gets all the PP minutes which drive his TOI up. There are times where Lindgren doesn't play for 5,6 minutes because Fox plays 1:30 on a PP then needs to rest. Lindgren is usually #4 in TOI. But plays crucial time killing penalties and is always out there when the other team has an empty net late. Sorry but Lindgren or someone like him is a necessary component of a good team.
If Trouba and Miller are our top pair, that's a bigger problem than Lindgren.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
That was very silly, but again it fit their model which obviously has worked out great for them. Can’t win them all I guess. I think Jeannot has been better for them this year though (looked pretty good when I saw them live) and again; he is on bargain contract. They over paid to trade for him but they won’t care if it’s a success. Either way they’ve got a contributor at a below average cap hit. Could be a lot worse.

You know how everyone shits on Goodrow, mostly due to his contract?

One is a mid-20s points Winger who hits a lot and takes stupid penalties, making $2.7M. That's what he's averaged in the 105 games he's played since he stopped shooting 21% 3 seasons ago.

The other is Goodrow.

Goodrow is a much better player than Jeannot when Jeannot is not shooting 20%+ on the season. And I say this as a Preds fan - that deal sealed Tampa's Cup window shut.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Agreed. Vasi had one of the most fraudulent Conn Smythes ever

Have you ever seen a more beautiful Powerplay Goal in your life? It's just like Joe said,... How can you defend against that?
Word, Brodz has earned that left circle spot on PP1.

Zib would never in a million years attack the middle like that.

He scores one open net goal and then the next PP he starts blasting one timers from f***ing New Zealand

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Vasilevskiy is the main reason Toronto can’t move beyond 1st round all these years.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know how everyone shits on Goodrow, mostly due to his contract?

One is a mid-20s points Winger who hits a lot and takes stupid penalties, making $2.7M. That's what he's averaged in the 105 games he's played since he stopped shooting 21% 3 seasons ago.

The other is Goodrow.

Goodrow is a much better player than Jeannot when Jeannot is not shooting 20%+ on the season. And I say this as a Preds fan - that deal sealed Tampa's Cup window shut.
I’d still rather have Jeannot on his contract than Goodrow on his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad