News Article: Paul Maurice resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I have poured over the data, created a connection wall charting out the major events in my basement, consulted numerous times with this thread and boiled everything down accordingly.

Behold ye now, the precise sequelae of events that led to Mo's fateful decision. As a gif may be worth a thousand words, I have chosen this medium.

My impression of the how the now-famous Chevy/Maurice "final chat" broke down:

Chevy:
8yaz.gif

Mo:
giphy.gif

Chevy:
fFSFI3iNQNC53J2Dn9T2

Mo:
2MWy.gif

Chevy, Chipper et al:
356.gif

HF boards Jets:
giphy-5.gif

this is HF Jets :laugh:

dogs-barking.gif

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
And of course Friedman’s thought is #26!
Is that a subtle reference to without #26 at his "disposal" for a longer time Paul couldn't continue forward trying to get Scheifele going and even out icetime. Giving in to accepting that, so far this year, PLD, Connor and Ehlers are the new play drivers!
Fear of the "inevitable chopped off at the knees scenario" was not too far off into the new year?:skeptic:

Reactions: sipowicz

TheFamousFart

Dec 25, 2020
just waiting for this to happen again. he destroyed the panthers and magically jets are doing great after he left

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
This is an example of threadromancy par excellence -- I saw it and thought 'WHAT?? Maurice resigned from the Panthers??"

I see that it's just a thread from over a year ago.

I know that hating on Maurice is a favourite pastime on this board, but according to my (very) casual "following" of the Panthers, they've had good underlying metrics much of the season and have been doing much better lately. They're in a wildcard spot now, albeit Penguins have 4(!) games in hand and Capitals have 2. They're 6-4-0 in their last ten, same as the Bruins, Leafs, Tampa. Considering Bobrovsky's struggles and losing some of the players they lost is significant. Seems that that Calgary/Florida trade screwed up the chemistry and composition of both teams. Both a lot worse than last year and worse than I thought they'd be. And Calgary still has the same coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad