Value of: Paul Byron

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Is there any way Habs could convince LA to take it? What would be an offer LA can't refuse, or something that would be fair for them?
over payment is the only way i can see it. The only offer i would consider is a 1st and Caufield. Is that a over payment yes but to take over 10 million in cap and a 3 years of a roster spot that would be needed, La has the best prospect in the nhl However the kings could use elite defense prospect and elite goalie. I am not that familar with the habs prospects However i doubt montreal would pay what la would want.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
over payment is the only way i can see it. The only offer i would consider is a 1st and Caufield. Is that a over payment yes but to take over 10 million in cap and a 3 years of a roster spot that would be needed, La has the best prospect in the nhl However the kings could use elite defense prospect and elite goalie. I am not that familar with the habs prospects However i doubt montreal would pay what la would want.

Just say no to Byron. To even type in a first and caufield is just plain silly

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Just say no to Byron. To even type in a first and caufield is just plain silly
I was asked what it would take as a offer to make me say yes, Your issue is not with me its with the person that asked me.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Is there any way Habs could convince LA to take it? What would be an offer LA can't refuse, or something that would be fair for them?

nothing you would be willing to give up. The Kings are loaded with good forward prospects and I would rather see the roster spots be left for them and not bring in someone that would just be blocking a spot. If he had a year left sure but with the term he has left I would not touch that.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I wouldn't expect two 2nds and 3rd if Byron only had 1 year left.

I think its just the combo of his term and FLA being mostly bottom 9 players up front, we are stock full of them so just doesn't make a ton of sense to take on another one and block our young prospects who are being promoted the next few years.

That DET offer is ridiculous. Yours is closer for sure but FLA shouldn't be interested

Cool with that!

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Romanov can't be traded, but 1st + Primeau + Byron, could it do it?
Primeau is the heir of Price, as of right now. Thing is: we also have Allen right now, and Price, being one of the best, if not straight up the best goaltender in the league, he's not going to be replaced soon.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
lol 'doubt' LOL.
caufield and a 1st to take on byron's contract.

i don't even..

Reactions: viceroy

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
lol 'doubt' LOL.
caufield and a 1st to take on byron's contract.

i don't even..
Look i was asked what it would take and i answered. Sorry you don't like my answer but oh well I ain't changing it. I already said no to the trade your fellow fan pushed it and i answered Your issue is with him not me.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Look i was asked what it would take and i answered. Sorry you don't like my answer but oh well I ain't changing it. I already said no to the trade your fellow fan pushed it and i answered Your issue is with him not me.
your answer is irrelevant. well, maybe as entertaining, delusional speculation. No GM would EVER pay that. ever. but many posters don't live in the hockey reality of actual, NHL GM's

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
your answer is irrelevant. well, maybe as entertaining, delusional speculation. No GM would EVER pay that. ever. but many posters don't live in the hockey reality of actual, NHL GM's

Stop right there this is a website for opinion and trade talk So if u don't like that you have the option to block me or not comment. I have every right to my opinion so buzz off if u can't respond civically I said it was a over payment that montreal wouldnt do in my post so i dont get where the butthurt comes from but i ain't taking it for answering a my opinion type question

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
I don't believe any team pays that price , it's just HF hype . I think the Habs will keep Byron and find other ways of moving cap space if/when needed .

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
I don't believe any team pays that price , it's just HF hype . I think the Habs will keep Byron and find other ways of moving cap space if/when needed .
I never once said they would only that is what it would take for me to agree :)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yo.

Love Paul Byron, he's a game, one of the better PK-er in the league, he's fast as the wind too.
However, he's paid at a cap hit of 3,4M$

He's good, but not 3,4M$/Y good.

Is there any bottom feader team who'd like to get paid to get that contract?

Obviously the goal of that trade is to make place on the pay roll, so we can't take any salaries back. However, our picks bank is full.

We could throw, for exemple, Tampa Bay's 2nd, Habs 2nd, Chicago's 3rd? Is this enough?
I would rather keep Byron.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
What were you asking for when Domi was on the block?
Laine+ for Domi.

After Domi was traded he became a worthless player worth nothing though. Have to balance it out. Never trust anyone who only loves the player as long as they're on the team they are a fan of. These people have nothing worthwhile to say ever.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Primeau isn't going anywhere we could just pay Seattle to pick him.
every fan base of teams with cap problems seems to solve their problems with the expansion draft. i doubt every team will successfully achieve this. the kraken will have goals, other than helping capped out nhl teams.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
It doesn't make sense to try to trade Byron this offseason. He's valuable to the Habs as a roster player while they're hoping to compete. Meanwhile, no one will take him in a trade when, given the market, they can likely get a better UFA for less or similar $$.

Habs are better off keeping him and trading Weal. It's not as much cap savings but it's all they need for now. With only one year left, they'd still have to throw in a pick for someone to take him but it wouldn't be nearly as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad