Post-Game Talk: Pats lose Super Bowl LII to Philly and Foxborough turns into a circus

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If he had an illness that left him unable to practice and the coaching staff believed that rendered him unable to play in the game effectively, they would come out and say it, it'd take two seconds, offend no one, and squash all controversy.

As much as Bill hates to give information to the media, he's too smart to just let a story like this fester when it could be put down that easily. That's why there has to be more to the story.

He said that it was a coaching decision. Butler being under the weather and not ready to play (in BB’s opinion) falls under that category.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Why is everyone beating this to death with BB and Butler. Its over the Pats lost and BB is coming back and Butler is leaving . Done deal.Time to move on.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good interview with former Patriots LB Roosevelt Colvin on the Butler situation and Belichick and Kraft

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Michael Irvin just said he coached last game here.

If that's true there will openings

I would love to be defensive coordinator where I could implement my 4-1-6 defense

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Whos this Rob idiot running around saying Brady isnt GOAT anymore because of this loss? Brady didnt lose the game. Yes he got sack fumbled but if the defense did their job more than once than Brady isnt even put into the position to fumble.

I grew up liking Montana and liked the Niners but now I find fans of both unsufferable. It's like they're mad Brady wasn't a Niner.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
Whos this Rob idiot running around saying Brady isnt GOAT anymore because of this loss? Brady didnt lose the game. Yes he got sack fumbled but if the defense did their job more than once than Brady isnt even put into the position to fumble.

I grew up liking Montana and liked the Niners but now I find fans of both unsufferable. It's like they're mad Brady wasn't a Niner.

It's one of the dumbest arguments ever. Montana is better than Brady because Montana was undefeated in the Super Bowl.

Also true are these:
Brady won more Super Bowls than Montana.
Brady won TWICE as many Conference Championships as Montana.

The important number is 5>4. The rest of it is just talking heads filling space.

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
I've seen it in other places, but Rowe wasn't really the issue with the Butler benching. The TD that Jeffrey caught was good coverage and an amazing catch, and once he got switched off Jeffrey (Gilmore should have been on him from the start) he did a good job in that game.

The issue was BB's faith in the "Big Dime" and Bademosi and the trickle down effect.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Michael Irvin just said he coached last game here.

If that's true there will openings

I would love to be defensive coordinator where I could implement my 4-1-6 defense

I don't know what would be more shocking, Belichick retiring after possibly the most doubt coaching decision of his career, or Michael Irvin actually being right about something.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
It’s not like Butler was dominant this year. If he had a hard time in practice because he was sick, I could see any coach going with the other CB. The problem is refusing to try something different when Rowe gets lit up in the first half.

This is the point that is being ignored. Butler has been torched all year and if he wasnt up to snuff this week, benching him was defensible football-wise. Not playing him at all when nothing was working has the optics of being a personal grudge, which is bad leadership and apparently lots of players thought that was the case.

The bigger problem moving on is that this defense sucks and needs a total rebuild. It hasn't been good for awhile and I dont know this whole bend but don't break crap works anymore and I'm not hopeful of a philosophical change

Reactions: VegasPatriot

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I've seen it in other places, but Rowe wasn't really the issue with the Butler benching. The TD that Jeffrey caught was good coverage and an amazing catch, and once he got switched off Jeffrey (Gilmore should have been on him from the start) he did a good job in that game.

The issue was BB's faith in the "Big Dime" and Bademosi and the trickle down effect.
Correct.

Rowe actually played pretty well after the initial flurry of completions against him. Can't fault him for the TD, that was a hell of a throw and catch, not sure Butler/Gilmore defend it either.

After that second series Rowe gave up one completion for 14 yards on 5 targets and had two pass breakups.

Gilmore should've just been stapled to Alshon to begin with.

The trickle down is what killed them though. Bademosi not being able to make that tackle on 3rd down killed them on the drive the Eagles scored on the Foles trick play. Butler 100% makes that tackle. Not to mention Jordan Richards played meaningful snaps, in the Super Bowl. Jordan Richards sucks.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Defense does need a total rebuild. Enough with filling the defense with guys with get from other teams practice squads or guys we think we can get the best out of. Pay some $$$$ for some talent. IDK if this team is still gun shy after spending all the $$$$ on Adalius w/e yeeeeeeeeeears ago but its time to invest some $$$$$ and picks into quality.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Team needs another mammoth DT like Wilfork. Brown isn't it, he I see as always being a #2 DT. Branch was it for awhile but has seemed to regressed.

A big DT who takes up space and occupies a center and a guard opens up lanes for LBs, blitzes by DBs and enables DLs to get to the QB. Team needs a DT like that as well as fresh legs on DB, LB and DL

Offense I would invest in a QB, TE and OL.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Bell saying he would sign with The Jets for 100M. If he gets into FA I can see them being dumb enough to do that. Even with him I still see them as the #4 team in the AFC East.

Pats
Bills
Fins
Jets

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Why is everyone beating this to death with BB and Butler. Its over the Pats lost and BB is coming back and Butler is leaving . Done deal.Time to move on.

I'd ask if you are serious, but sadly I know you are.

It's only three days since the game ended. If you don't want to discuss it maybe avoid this thread for the next few millennia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad