Patrik Laine Part IV: More Hats, Less Sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
So, game's in about two and a half weeks. In order for Laine to be able to play in the ASG, he has to A: be symptom free for one week, then B: get through a series of increasingly strenuous returns to physical activity over several days.

Sounds like if Laine is already symptom free as of, say today, and he suffers no relapses, he could possibly make it to the ASG. But odds seem against him.

You know I don't know if I've watched an ASG, well, ever. But now that my kid is super into hockey I think he would get a kick out of watching it. I think that is really the target audience.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I'm still bitter about that hit. Clean or not, I hate McCabe now, will always hate him.
[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
If he is symptom free, they start testing him. Testing could take a week. I believe his first test was yesterday, as he posted picks of taking a walk around the zoo.

There's some physical activity involved, light walking. And a lot going on as far as sights, colours, movement, noise and smell. Today he will likely be tested for something slightly more intense.

Could be back next week

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
I'm still bitter about that hit. Clean or not, I hate McCabe now, will always hate him.
[mod]

Laine is a 6'5, 210 lbs monster at 18 years old. McCabe will get his dues, by Laine at some point.

It probably won't be fighting, but he will absolutely lay that ****er out in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
You believe his first test was yesterday, based off of him walking around the zoo?

"You still show some clear symptoms of a concussion, Patrik, so no testing for now. Go have a straddle out in the sunlight, go see a tiger or some other stripey animal."

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
"You still show some clear symptoms of a concussion, Patrik, so no testing for now. Go have a straddle out in the sunlight, go see a tiger or some other stripey animal."

You forgot to add "only if you wear goofy sunglasses" :sarcasm:

:laugh:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Laine is a 6'5, 210 lbs monster at 18 years old. McCabe will get his dues, by Laine at some point.

It probably won't be fighting, but he will absolutely lay that ****er out in the future.

Ya, McCabe has hurt a few guys and will get his. A hit is way more devastating than a fight. Hockey fights, most of the time are just swing and punching helmets. When you line a guy up way back, before he has the puck, like McCabe did, you can really clobber someone. Way more devastating.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I'm no doctor and have never had a concussion but going out to the zoo/practice/games certainly seems like a positive sign to me. It tells us that he probably doesn't have the really bad concussion symptoms like nausea, light sensitivity, memory loss or extreme headache. When I am nauseous I just wanna lay in bed, going to the zoo would be pretty far off my list of things to do. I understand that these symptoms can show up randomly but my guess (hope?) is that the worst he has right now is a minor headache.

Apparently Drew Stafford's injury earlier in the season was a concussion and the Jets kept him out for around a month

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
I'm no doctor and have never had a concussion but going out to the zoo/practice/games certainly seems like a positive sign to me. It tells us that he probably doesn't have the really bad concussion symptoms like nausea, light sensitivity, memory loss or extreme headache. When I am nauseous I just wanna lay in bed, going to the zoo would be pretty far off my list of things to do. I understand that these symptoms can show up randomly but my guess (hope?) is that the worst he has right now is a minor headache.

Apparently Drew Stafford's injury earlier in the season was a concussion and the Jets kept him out for around a month

Drew has alluded to the seriousness of his a few times without saying specifically that it was a concussion. Every indication is that Patrik's is very minor.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
As I posted in the previous thread, the biggest question mark will be whether he suffers from any post concussion syndrome. Those symptoms often don't apoear for a week or more and are not related to severity. They can also last for quite some time.

Brain injuries suck.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
How much you wanna bet they send Panarin in that spot if Laine can't go?

It wouldn't be Panarin, it would have to be another Jet otherwise there would be no Jets there. And it would also have to be a forward that replaces him. I bet it would be either Scheifele or Wheeler.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Drew has alluded to the seriousness of his a few times without saying specifically that it was a concussion. Every indication is that Patrik's is very minor.

If we are lucky he might not even have one.

He had some symptons so they are taking it extra carefull because he's a future(potential) superstar.
But most likely this is just a dream.

Won't really know untill we see him play again.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Do all professional athletes need to take a trip to the zoo as part of the official concussion protocol?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Do all professional athletes need to take a trip to the zoo as part of the official concussion protocol?

Yes, if you can't tell a Zebra has stripes, you're still concussed. That and if you talk about how much you enjoyed seeing the Unicorns.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
As I posted in the previous thread, the biggest question mark will be whether he suffers from any post concussion syndrome. Those symptoms often don't apoear for a week or more and are not related to severity. They can also last for quite some time.

Brain injuries suck.

Luckily for Laine, primary contact was to his jaw. Got him right on the button. He was out and his body stiffened the way a boxer's would. Can sometimes result in a very very slight concussion, but not usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad