Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Mad Hatrik Laine

EFDGYbU.png

I was already having the tought of Laine having a great face do to make-up things with :laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I don't really have much to say about Laine that hasn't been said already. I just wanted to say how much I love the thread title. :laugh:

EDIT: LOL at all the pics in this thread.

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I may sound like a downer with this one but I personally fail to see why a player with an easy and short name like "Patrick Laine" needs a "nickname" that is longer than his actual name (Finnish Flash, Flying Finn, Finnish Finish Line, Finnish , Finnish Finn ...), especially since his nickname kind of writes itself regarding to what kind of player he is: Hat-trick Lane.

So why the obsession with "The Finnish Something"? Just because of Selanne back then? :dunno:

Yep it shall be simply "Hatrick"

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I may sound like a downer with this one but I personally fail to see why a player with an easy and short name like "Patrick Laine" needs a "nickname" that is longer than his actual name (Finnish Flash, Flying Finn, Finnish Finish Line, Finnish , Finnish Finn ...), especially since his nickname kind of writes itself regarding to what kind of player he is: Hat-trick Lane.

So why the obsession with "The Finnish Something"? Just because of Selanne back then? :dunno:

I'm going with Naked Sauna Guy. I'll shorten it to NSG so as not to offend GermanJetsFan. :D

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Question to Finnish guys here: I have Viasat via Sonera and I've watched all the games through digibox with this service packet. For some reason I cannot find tonight's game from the channel list, eventhough it should be on Viasat (XTRA NHL channel). Does anyone else have this same problem? There's a re-run at 6pm tomorrow but what the heck, I'm not planning to watch tonight's game tomorrow evening.

There was a change in the schedules:
"Huom! Ohjelmamuutos: torstai-perjantai välisenä yönä klo 04:05 NHL: Arizona - Winnipeg lisätty Viasat Urheilu -kanavalle. Tämän johdosta NFL: Baltimore - Cleveland siirretty Viasat Jalkapallo -kanavalle ja alkaa klo n. klo 03:35, heti kun MM-karsinta Brasilia - Argentiina päättyy."

FYI if your a Finnish Viasat user.

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
So just a question: in the 5+ years how many times has any player ever scored a hat trick for the Winnipeg Jets?

I remember it took a couple years before we got our first, which was scored by Little if I remember correctly. Of course there was Perreault's monster 4-goal game. And I think Wheeler might have scored one. But I think that's about it.

Then Laine comes along and scores two in his first month?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So just a question: in the 5+ years how many times has any player ever scored a hat trick for the Winnipeg Jets?

I remember it took a couple years before we got our first, which was scored by Little if I remember correctly. Of course there was Perreault's monster 4-goal game. And I think Wheeler might have scored one. But I think that's about it.

Then Laine comes along and scores two in his first month?

Laine, Scheifele, Ehlers, Perreault, Little.

Luck of Duck

Jan 20, 2013

Sorry Mad Hatrik Laines, but for me this takes the cake.

Same pic also with:

Laine: All your wins are belong to us.

I will chip in; "Guns, guns, guns" is current nato-pilot brevity code for cannon fire. "Hats, hats, hats" ... anyone? No? Just me?

Last edited:

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
After he stops scoring hatricks every game we can just call him Lainemite. If he stops scoring hatricks

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I have been thinking that if things would have gone differently and Jets would have received 1st overall pick in 2016 draft.
So whether GM Cheveldayoff selected Laine 1st overall instead of Matthews.

Right now seems obvious Laine should have been 1st overall pick.
Laine has been awesome and if / when he can keep this scoring mood who knows can Laine break that Selanne's rookie goal-scoring record.
Yeah it's highly unlikely but Laine is HOT player right now and it really shows in scoresheet.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I have been thinking that if things would have gone differently and Jets would have received 1st overall pick in 2016 draft.
So whether GM Cheveldayoff selected Laine 1st overall instead of Matthews.

Right now seems obvious Laine should have been 1st overall pick.
Laine has been awesome and if / when he can keep this scoring mood who knows can Laine break that Selanne's rookie goal-scoring record.
Yeah it's highly unlikely but Laine is HOT player right now and it really shows in scoresheet.

1dxx6u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad