Rumor: Patrick Roy

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
If Dorion stays on as a mascot , what costume would you suggest for him to wear. It will still be a stupid mascot. lol
1687646275694.png

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
HTF would I know what you meant?

You made a claim, and I asked you to clarify, nothing more.

I expressed that I don't think that either Smith or Dorion will be able to change gears now that there is new ownership. Smith is what he is as a coach, and to often the team comes out flat and/or unprepared. I appreciate he is liked by the players, but do not feel he is the coach to get them to the next level - and I believe the majority of the league knows his game plan and can oft times counter it to good effect. Dorion is the same, he us what he is as a GM and other GM's should know that they can wait him out for a better offer in trade negotiations. That's not to say he has had no success trading, the haul for Karlsson has worked out (thanks in part to a fair bit of providence though).
I feel a change is required to move the Sens to the next level.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I expressed that I don't think that either Smith or Dorion will be able to change gears now that there is new ownership. Smith is what he is as a coach, and to often the team comes out flat and/or unprepared. I appreciate he is liked by the players, but do not feel he is the coach to get them to the next level - and I believe the majority of the league knows his game plan and can oft times counter it to good effect. Dorion is the same, he us what he is as a GM and other GM's should know that they can wait him out for a better offer in trade negotiations. That's not to say he has had no success trading, the haul for Karlsson has worked out (thanks in part to a fair bit of providence though).
I feel a change is required to move the Sens to the next level.
Well that should be in a year from now, unless things go sideways during the season.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My fear is that it will have gone sideways within the first 25 games of the season if the two of them are left in place.
If that is the case that many here will be happy & the new ownership will have good reason to replace both. At the moment they don't really have reason & can't use past mistakes, unless he wants his own management team right off the bat. Otherwise, he will wait until the team fails to make personnel moves.

It's pretty rare to see personnel moves when a team is doing well. He's an experienced owner so I think he takes his time & slowly accesses every area of the business & starts with small moves first that have worked for him elsewhere.

kilroy

Aug 13, 2007
Sparty is a constant reminder of the people involved in this franchise's complete lack of knowledge regarding history.

It's f***ing embarrassing.
Spartacat is a play on Spartacus, from the Roman era.

People's lack of knowledge regarding history is f***ing embarrassing.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Spartacat is a play on Spartacus, from the Roman era.

People's lack of knowledge regarding history is f***ing embarrassing.
Doubtful but equally inappropriate if true.

The Sens marketing department doubledown on the Sparta thing when they did the god awful
300 rip-off opener.

But assume your assertion is correct. Spartacus was the absolute enemy of Rome and the Senate. He laid waste to many Roman towns and large military formations.

It took two of the most prominent Senators of the tim, G. Pompey Magnus & M.L. Crassus leading two Legionary Armies to defeat him.

Outside of Hannibal of Carthage, he may be the most hated and feared individual of the Roman Republic.

The only way he would be an appropriate Mascot would be if 6000 Spartacats in leafs jerseys were crucified on the way into the Arena.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad