Rumor: Patrick Kane will put in a trade request on Wednesday when the free agency is underway per Chicago radio insider.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
I would give up any combo of futures on top of Zucker or Pettersson to get him in the Burgh.

Playoff hockey isn't the same without Patty Kane.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Don't blame him at all. After being, basically, the face of US hockey and maybe World hockey for 10-15 years and used to winning, the last couple of years and the bottom feeder years that are about to commence does not interest a bonafied and certified winner like Kaner.

Always the class act and perhaps the most clutch playoff performer of his generation, it will be sad to see him go...:( I just hope he doesn't wind up with a team I hate now but regardless, he will go down in Hawks lore as their best player ever and is a first ballot HoFer and pride of this generation of Hockey USA.

Godspeed Kaner, keep dominating in hockey as well as in life!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for anyone complaining about the timing? A lot happened in the last 7 days, my guess Kane and the Hawks talked and my guess Kane expressed an unhappiness in the direction they are taking. Hawks fans can correct me but rebuild was not mentioned by the organization until the end of the season

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Kouleas is an insider now? Last time I checked he was just a super obnoxious radio/tv/online personality with little actual knowledge of the happenings in the NHL.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Othmann/Cuylle/Korczak/Jones/Robertson/Lundkvist/Lindbom
depending on what Drury would really give up for a 1 year Kane rental, the Rangers will still have a full belly of young ELC players with potential, they'll be more than fine. So this idea of Sather style trading of youth is ridiculous because Drury is a f***ing Hockey genius and I have no doubt he's going to thread the needle and get this franchise a Cup in the next 3 years while still being able to retain longevity as a contender for the remainder of the decade
The hockey genius who traded a first line PPG winger for a 2nd and a 4th liner, then gave Ryan Reaves and Patrik Nemeth 3 year deals

greybush314

Dec 23, 2020
Kane to Buffalo 50% retained. Then to his choice contender with max retention for minimum caphit at deadline

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
I don't know Kane personally but it seems he's matured considerably since party days. It's been 10 years since those incidents and he know has a son who he adores. That said, maybe he wouldn't want to go to Buffalo, not only because they aren't a legit Cup contender (yet), but because he wouldn't want to put himself back into a situation where old friends could tempt him to revert back to doing stupid things.
If as you say “he’s matured“ old friends shouldn’t be able to tempt him into doing stupid things.

TheSix34

Jul 23, 2018
Haha true for most leaf fans.

I'd offer knies for sure for Kane

The offer I'd make for Kane would probably get me banned from the leafs board

Might also get me banned from making any trades for Hawks as I'd ask for 50% retention

Kana@50 for 2023 1st, 2024 1st, Knies, Sandin, Holl, and Kerfoot

Think it might br a terrible deal from both perspectives lol
All that for a rental eh? Huh

oilfan96

Dec 2, 2021
Would the Oilers 1st in 2023, Lavoie, and Pulju for Kane at 50% be close? (not saying it would ever happen, but is the value close?)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Have to imagine it's a tough deal to make for "full value". Between the high cap hit, and Kane likely picking his spot in terms of where he'd actually be willing to go. But if you're Chicago...i don't think you want a disgruntled Kane around, wanting out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad