Pat Kane Investigation talk [MOD: Post #129]

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
images

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Buffalo's favorite hockey boy, Pat Kane, being investigated.

Serious allegations are surfacing along multiple fronts that Patrick Kane was involved in a sexual misconduct event with a female.

There's too much speculation going on right now. But it could be serious.

:facepalm:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
When I heard it on the radio for some reason it took me two seconds to place the name, and I wondered: what Sabre now?!?!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Here's Tim Graham on WGN Radio. Starts around the 7:30 mark.

http://wgnradio.com/2015/08/06/kap-...-tim-graham-patrick-kane-update-from-buffalo/

He doesn't really say anything new, but he does give a broad overview that the tone from his sources is: ‘It’s looking more ominous than not’

Sounds like the reporters have heard more than they're reporting, but are making sure they have all of their facts lined up with their attorneys' approval.

Not sounding good at all. I can't say anything too harsh as he's innocent until proven guilty, but damn this is sounding bad.

There are different degrees of rape, but if someone forces a woman to have sex with them or drug's a woman to take advantage of them then they get no sympathy from me. That's the lowest of low. They're no better than the **** under my shoes.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Rape is the worst crime in my opinion. Forcing a woman to have sex or sexual encounters with you when she doesn't want to is just disgusting.

If he's charged or was involved in any way, I will have lost all respect for him, no excuses.

He's innocent until proven guilty, but we'll know very soon what's going on and what happened exactly.

Just sickened by this though.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Rape is the worst crime in my opinion. Forcing a woman to have sex or sexual encounters with you when she doesn't want to is just disgusting.

If he's charged or was involved in any way, I will have lost all respect for him, no excuses.

He's innocent until proven guilty, but we'll know very soon what's going on and what happened exactly.

Will we?

Often times, especially in these type of cases, we never know what really happened.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Ugh this is not good.

I'm not going to pass judgement yet (Duke lax, Etc.), but this is pretty serious for patty. He should probably take a break from the night life.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
link
The investigation was initially described as a “statutory rape” case. The age of the accuser is unknown, and police have been ordered not to comment publicly on the case at all.

26 years old, yuck

Clock

May 13, 2006
I really, really hope this isn't true. If it is, however, what an utter disgrace.

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo

Hyperbole? Genocide, Human experimentation, Billion dollar embezzlement, heck even just murder.

Charged, doesn't mean guilt, at all. There was a great article I read recently about a college guy who didn't even realize he had sexually assaulted a woman he spent the night with. He thought it was consensual.

Now, I'm not condoning anything. But I'm not condemning, either.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Never a good thing when terms like sexual assault and rape are being mentioned. The statutory part adds a new wrinkle however if he met her in a bar that was supposed to be 21+, as it previously had mentioned a woman from a bar in Evans, then any reasonable person would assume a female is 18+. If he took her home and she changed her mind or passed out and he did whatever he did then he deserves whatever comes his way. Who knows...Roethlisberger had his issues and managed to survive relatively unscathed. Maybe he could try and Greg Hardy his way out of the situation by paying off her or her family. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see if any charges are laid before getting too carried away.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Wait for the facts to come out. I dont want to take Kane's side, but it's easy to formulate a scenario where he isn't so evil if it's statutory, rather than it being a violent crime.

The statutory rape stuff came from a fake twitter account earlier today. None of the reputable local news outlets have put that forth at all to my knowledge.

The woman also went to a hospital to have a rape kit done. Not really sure why that would be needed if its just statutory. Unless she was not only underage but also force against her will. But maybe it is. I'm hardly a legal expert.

Last edited:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Hoping it isn't true for all parties involved. If it is though...just...ugh. What a disgrace. Get him out of the league. It'll never happen, I know. But if it's true, I'd never want him on my team.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Hoping it isn't true for all parties involved. If it is though...just...ugh. What a disgrace. Get him out of the league. It'll never happen, I know. But if it's true, I'd never want him on my team.

I really don't want to see him waste his career because he's uber talented and a joy to watch but in no way shape or form does he deserve to get off scoff free.

He also gets zero wiggle room from me based on his past actions. Just a brutal scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad