Pascal Vincent: Stay or Go?

Will the Jackets fire Pascal Vincent?

• Total voters

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I work for a large corporation and hate the term "culture." It is a stupid corporate word that has no real meaning. No one finishes with a terrible record and brags about their "culture." Winning teams always seem to tout the "culture." Get better players and a better coach and in some magic way the "culture" will improve.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I say burn it down. We have been one of the worst teams in the league and have had the same problems year after year (Poor player development, injuries to players, player motivation issues, etc.) there is nothing first class about this organization top to bottom so we might as well hit reset on the entire thing in hopes we stumble upon some area of hockey we actually can actually be excellent it rather than below average.

Reactions: CalBuckeyeRob

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I say burn it down. We have been one of the worst teams in the league and have had the same problems year after year (Poor player development, injuries to players, player motivation issues, etc.) there is nothing first class about this organization top to bottom so we might as well hit reset on the entire thing in hopes we stumble upon some area of hockey we actually can actually be excellent it rather than below average.
Agree. I hope the new leadership has zero connection to Columbus. I don't want to try and do the same things, but just a little better. The team needs new people that are not limited by the previous structure.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not exactly CBJ related, but I was curious as to some of the names of who might be available this off-season.

Wouldn't mind a few of those guys (Gallant, Pandolfo if we get Celebrinni 😂) but in all reality I think we're gonna roll with Vincent one more season and re-evaluate depending how this season plays out of.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I thought he'd been quoted previously saying he'd never coach anywhere else?
He's not going anywhere. It's just a pipedream for the rest of the league.

In an interview with The Athletic‘s Michael Russo, Waddell remained confident that the organization and Brind’Amour will come to an agreement on a extension prior to his contract expiration this coming June.

“We’re going to get it done,” Waddell told Russo. “I’m not worried about it. He wants to be a Hurricane for life.”

In the midst of an unprecedented year of coach turnover, the situation in Carolina with Brind’Amour has likely raised eyebrows amongst teams looking to fill a bench boss position.

“Rod and I talked today,” Waddell said about the contract negotiations. “I don’t ever bother him on game days, and he doesn’t want to be ever bothered on game days. He wants to try to win the hockey game. But we talked today, and I think we’re in a good place and we’ll get it done.”

In previous negotiations, the 53-year-old coach prioritized new deals for his coaching staff rather than himself — something Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported on the March 16 “Saturday Headlines” segment during Hockey Night in Canada might be holding up the process.

“I understand that remains one of the issues, he wants his assistant coaches to be taken care of and that’s what he’s waiting for before he signs on the dotted line,” Friedman said at the time.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm sorry Vincent but if Brind'Amour hits the market, I'm dropping Vincent and throwing the Brinks truck at Brind'Amour. The hiring would be a complete 180 from the debacle last off-season. Columbus has everything he's looking for both on a business and personal level(except the ties to Columbus). Young and upcoming team with a lot of talent and potential, not too dissimilar from the Carolina team he took over...

Yes I know it's really just a pipedream and even if he hits the market he's likely going elsewhere but still it would be a good opportunity to clean house from top to bottom as he'd likely want to bring a lot of his own staff as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad