CFHF Fantasy League Part XXIII- TDL February 22 @ 11:59pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
"I think we really have to look at our leadership group this season, because they are the ones responsible for putting this team into a position where we can contend for a title. Weber and Crosby have been terrorific for us this season but I think ultimately our success falls on the shoulders of our captain.

Mikael Backlund has been a leader on this team every single week. It's not a coincidence that since he came on board during the off-season, our team has turned into a contender.

I think we have made a lot of strong moves this season to bring in guys to support Backlund. We have given up a lot of futures to put ourselves into this position, so going into the trade deadline we are keeping that in mind and won't overextend ourselves by trading away top main draft picks."

85981842-218x150.jpg

"Well no team goes anywhere without strong leadership, that is for sure. How do you like your chances in the playoffs? Have you had a sideways glance at who you might have to face, and perhaps what you might need at the deadline in order to beat them?"

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
85981842-218x150.jpg

"Well no team goes anywhere without strong leadership, that is for sure. How do you like your chances in the playoffs? Have you had a sideways glance at who you might have to face, and perhaps what you might need at the deadline in order to beat them?"

"Right now I would say The Terrors should safely finish top two, barring a disaster. Looking at who we might face there are so many strong teams floating around the 3-8 positions and its hard to know who we might face right now.

I think whatever team it ends up being it's going to be a good match up, there won't be any bad teams in the playoffs this year. It won't be easy, and we can't take any nights off.

I think we already have all the pieces we need to be competitive in the playoffs. Would we like to add? Sure. We won't bend over backwards to get something done though. There is little activity so far so not much incentive to bring in a huge piece, but you never know."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
"Right now I would say The Terrors should safely finish top two, barring a disaster. Looking at who we might face there are so many strong teams floating around the 3-8 positions and its hard to know who we might face right now.

I think whatever team it ends up being it's going to be a good match up, there won't be any bad teams in the playoffs this year. It won't be easy, and we can't take any nights off.

I think we already have all the pieces we need to be competitive in the playoffs. Would we like to add? Sure. We won't bend over backwards to get something done though. There is little activity so far so not much incentive to bring in a huge piece, but you never know."

85981842-218x150.jpg

"Well as always, thanks for doing this this afternoon (or morning for those on the West Coast, of course). Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully you can give us something to talk about! *chuckles*

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
85981842-218x150.jpg

"I'm joined now by Taranis from the Halifax Lions. Taranis, this is your first year in this league. How do you feel it's been so far?"

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
85981842-218x150.jpg

"I'm joined now by Taranis from the Halifax Lions. Taranis, this is your first year in this league. How do you feel it's been so far?"

"It's been a roller coaster of emotion, starting the season with a big win and really believing that we could make a playoff push. However with the injuries we had it really took its toll on our season and dropped us out of the playoffs. Now, having said that we've really shored up our center ice position and made the Lions a much tougher team to play against which really is the environment we want to create."

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
"It's been a roller coaster of emotion, starting the season with a big win and really believing that we could make a playoff push. However with the injuries we had it really took its toll on our season and dropped us out of the playoffs. Now, having said that we've really shored up our center ice position and made the Lions a much tougher team to play against which really is the environment we want to create."

85981842-218x150.jpg

"Injuries are definitely something no team can really prepare for, no doubt. Speaking of disappointment, the franchise launched with a trade that was initially rejected by the league. How much resentment do you feel about that these days?"

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
85981842-218x150.jpg

"Injuries are definitely something no team can really prepare for, no doubt. Speaking of disappointment, the franchise launched with a trade that was initially rejected by the league. How much resentment do you feel about that these days?"

I have a great relationship with AS and the front office of the league.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I have a great relationship with AS and the front office of the league.

85981842-218x150.jpg

"That's great to hear, because we hope to see you guys all coming together to make some trades in the next few hours! *chuckles*

What would you say is the main reason for the slow day we've had so far, and do you expect it to pick up?"

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
85981842-218x150.jpg

"That's great to hear, because we hope to see you guys all coming together to make some trades in the next few hours! *chuckles*

What would you say is the main reason for the slow day we've had so far, and do you expect it to pick up?"

I think most GM's look at the league right now and ask themselves if they can win a cup and if a UFA or two would change that and most outside of the top three are saying, "no". I expect a few small moves, nothing major.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Trade to Announce!

To Flaming Horseheads:

Derek Stepan
13th Round Draft Pick

To Techno Onion:

Frans Nielsen
Thomas Novak
2017 3rd Round PP
11th Round Draft Pick

Flaming Horseheads get a very similar player in Stepan but are looking towards the future with this trade. We are happy with the transaction.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think most GM's look at the league right now and ask themselves if they can win a cup and if a UFA or two would change that and most outside of the top three are saying, "no". I expect a few small moves, nothing major.

85981842-218x150.jpg

"Well, thanks for doing this, Taranis. We'll let you get back to the phones!"

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Gaborik for futures... has the potential. Not asking much. Could be a keeper for any bottom teams.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
At this point, I've effectively given up on upgrading. Just looking to make a ***** and giggles deal where I trade JT Brown for a similar scrub/waiver fodder. I'm hoping they play tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad