News Article: Part Owner Andrew Barroway Arrested in Aspen, CO (UPD: Charges dropped)

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Ex owner. Interesting.

Still under suspension by the league. Interesting part will be for how long.

There are legal land mines all around here and the NHL isn't about to step on one considering how quick Barroway is pulling the trigger on lawsuits.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Still under suspension by the league. Interesting part will be for how long.

There are legal land mines all around here and the NHL isn't about to step on one considering how quick Barroway is pulling the trigger on lawsuits.
He still owns 5% if he is suspended. NHL is not scared of Barroway, and if he does something wrong the hammer will drop. I'm guessing they will let this play out in court and will take action after if warranted.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
He still owns 5% if he is suspended. NHL is not scared of Barroway, and if he does something wrong the hammer will drop. I'm guessing they will let this play out in court and will take action after if warranted.
That would be most economical, yeah…. so agreed! :laugh:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

The league is not going to want this getting into a protracted court case.

Reactions: ck26

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It already has been quite a bit of time. The NHL doesn't really have a choice. They can't take away his % of ownership without just cause, and being accused of something is not just cause.
That’s the whole point. The NHL hasn’t been dragged into court over it…. yet.

If Barroway has the charges against him dropped then there’s not legal cause to remove him as even a part owner.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I got to know him a bit. He didn't seem the type. This might have been a divorce tactic. Barroway and I seemed to have a penchant for sharing elevator rides at Glendale. More than I can count. He didn't seem the type. His dad was a pediatrician, as I recall, so we had something in common.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Charges officially dropped….

Gotta love those official statements. It's so obvious they come up with a handful of points they want to hammer home and then just wrap words around those statements.

- very thorough investigation and they got nothing
- the charge was always a misdemeanor, it was never a felony
- this is the fault of the media
- I'm setting the record straight
- allegations were always false
- did I mention they got nothing?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Gotta love those official statements. It's so obvious they come up with a handful of points they want to hammer home and then just wrap words around those statements.

- very thorough investigation and they got nothing
- the charge was always a misdemeanor, it was never a felony
- this is the fault of the media
- I'm setting the record straight
- allegations were always false
- did I mention they got nothing?

The clue was in one of the articles.

His wife stated to police her pre-nuptial agreement cuts her off if she says bad things about her husband.

Reactions: Sinurgy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad