GDT: Part II: The 2015 NHL Entry Level Draft: In L̶o̶u̶ Shero We Trust Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thing is the kids don't have to stink it up...there should be enough veteran leadership in Elias, Zajac and Cammalleri to help the forwards along. Greene has done a very good job with his partners and if we can see something similar with the forwards it could actually be a good situation during a transition.

I think if the new system works, we could be pleasantly surprised next season.

Most likely still miss but I could see us moving more towards where Florida was at this year and at least having meaningful games late into the season and being overall more fun and entertaining for the fan base with hope of even getting better.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Stupid Move By Ray not bringing Gomer back.

Gomez seems to fit exactly what they want to do also...he still can bring the puck up the ice and take the offensive zone better than anyone on this team....

But it is also time to give these younger players roles

I sort of understand not bringing him back, but definitely see your point of view.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I don't like Gomez not coming back either, but clearly if they're going in a certain direction...then he's got to go b/c he doesn't fit what they want.

I can respect that side of it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think if the new system works, we could be pleasantly surprised next season.

Most likely still miss but I could see us moving more towards where Florida was at this year and at least having meaningful games late into the season and being overall more fun and entertaining for the fan base with hope of even getting better.
I'm not ready to concede the playoffs yet...I want to see the system this team runs and I want to see who is truly given chances...

We still really have no idea what this team will be or look like in October. So much has already changed and I expect even more change.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm not ready to concede the playoffs yet...I want to see the system this team runs and I want to see who is truly given chance...

We still really have no idea what this team will be or look like in October. So much has already changed and I expect even more change.

I'm not ready either, but I'm also not expecting it. I do think we will be better then some think.

AS with Gomez. I get it too. I like him, and he played well for us. I think he could fit in with the system.

That said I get the idea of wanting to give younger guys larger chances such as JJ. Need to start giving some legit chances to young guys and try to find our better forwards as one of our younger ones (unlike 42 year old Jagr being our best two years ago). Fact we had to rely on Jagr, and this year Gomez and Bernier to be our best forwards is the problem.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
As painful as it is to say, Philly had the best draft followed closely by the Islanders.

There's no argument against the Bruins.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
For me, Arizona had the best draft. Snagged pretty much every player that was high on my list.

Followed closely by the Islanders...who managed to walk out of the draft with 2 first round talents despite not having a first rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad