Confirmed Trade: Part 2:[OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Im kind of shocked that they also sent him to SJ after they just sent Hoffman there and they immediately flip him to FL. Usually those things get you the cold shoulder for a bit. Not in Melnyk land.

I don't really follow that.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Couldnt be further from the truth. Karlsson has said he is open to signing extension, once he finds out with his family about the culture,city etc.

What your refering to is Karlsson saying hes gonna get what hes worth on the market.

Truth is Doug Wilson offered 2 million more per season then the leafs per season. It was taveras child hood dram to play for the leafs. Wilson has no problem paying Karlsson the contract he deserves, he has the support of the owner. Karlsson knows it already
Well I would say that it will take at least 8 months or more perhaps to do that. 8 months puts you into May and I doubt there will be a contract extension then. I fully expect Karlsson to be a UFA on July 1. He may very well decide to re-sign with SJ but I doubt there will be an extension before that, unless he's already agreed to terms with Doug Wilson and it just hasn't been released to the media yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad