Pre-Game Talk: Part 1: Leafs @ Canadiens - Saturday, January 19, 2013 - Season Opener - CBC - 7 PM

SteveV*

Anybody want to talk make whole provisions or disclaimers of interest? PM me.

lampshade*

6-0 Leafs
Reimer and Benny boy are still battling for the starting role they split the game, and get a shutout. We proceed to play the season with tends alternating every 30min. Wouldn't put it past this org now.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I was told this morning that Scrivens has been penciled in to start this game. Did anyone else hear that?

Penalty Kill Icing*

^Told by? (Not totally unreasonable to assume given that his conditioning would be better than Reimer as he is already playing in As).

Injury Report:
Good chance that at least two of JvR, Orr and Gardiner miss opener due to injuries

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
^Told by? (Not totally unreasonable to assume given that his conditioning would be better than Reimer as he is already playing in As).

Injury Report:
Good chance that at least two of JvR, Orr and Gardiner miss opener due to injuries
JVR just has a bruised foot, so he will likely be fine.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I was told this morning that Scrivens has been penciled in to start this game. Did anyone else hear that?

All I seen was the Feschuk article where he said if it were up to him Scrivens would start. Other than that I've not heard/seen anything regarding who is starting on Saturday, but I'd be very, very surprised if it wasn't Reimer.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
All I seen was the Feschuk article where he said if it were up to him Scrivens would start. Other than that I've not heard/seen anything regarding who is starting on Saturday, but I'd be very, very surprised if it wasn't Reimer.

I'd think Reimer as well.

Person who told me probably read that article and took it as fact. They aren't that bright.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

On what basis should Reimer be set in stone as the opening game starter? If Scrivens looks better in camp, then by all means he should be starting. As far as anyone should be concerned, we don't have a #1 goalie. It could be anyone of those 2 for all we know.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
No more "Pulling a Wilson" with our goalies.

If you don't have a proven clearcut #1, then don't force the #1 label on one of your goalies anyways, like Wilson always did.

Don't name either of the goalies the #1 guy, and let them fight it out with no other pressure other than competitive pressure, and don't box yourself into a corner where you're scared to play your other goalie because it might hurt your supposed "#1"s confidence.

Wilson always forced the label on someone, and it never worked.

Carlyle's on record as saying that the goalie spot is an open competition, and that's the way it should be until one of the goalies distinguishes himself.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
No more "Pulling a Wilson" with our goalies.

If you don't have a proven clearcut #1, then don't force the #1 label on one of your goalies anyways, like Wilson always did.

Don't name either of the goalies the #1 guy, and let them fight it out with no other pressure other than competitive pressure, and don't box yourself into a corner where you're scared to play your other goalie because it might hurt your supposed "#1"s confidence.

Wilson always forced the label on someone, and it never worked.

Carlyle's on record as saying that the goalie spot is an open competition, and that's the way it should be until one of the goalies distinguishes himself.

I'm longing for a Zeke stat filled post

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
2yr Habs-Leafs comp ready to go, just waiting for lineup confirmation.

you want one with my best guess at the opening night lines?

Fenton

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto
I wouldn't mind seeing Scrivens start in net. He has been playing a lot and putting up decent numbers in the AHL.

GoHardSports

TorontoMarleauLeafs
Feb 22, 2010
Vaughan
Holy hell. It feels like forever since i've seen one of these threads. Playing against the Habs, Saturday night game, Hockey Night in Canada; no better way to start a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad