Pre-Game Talk: Part 1: Leafs @ Canadiens - Saturday, January 19, 2013 - Season Opener - CBC - 7 PM

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Looks like Leafs start first two games on road. Second game against Bruins predicts Josh Rimer.

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/status/288850297663672320
I would be surprised if they have them playing in Boston that day because of the 1:00 PM start time. I know it was planned before the lockout and etc, but you think when they re-do the schedule the NHL would realize not a lot of Maple Leafs would get to watch the game live since it's a regular day in Toronto and not a national holiday like in Boston.

Baba Ganoush

Dec 8, 2009
awesomeness!

hoping kadri makes the team, I am sure he wil, unless if something horrible happens

I am very interested in how JVR plays, I think kadri should be on 2nd line with JVR and grabo

i hope Kadri makes the team too. personally i don't like that as a 2nd line though, only because Grabovski has chemistry with Mac and especially Kulemin...but that doesn't always matter i guess.

if JVR is at C, i like:

Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Mac - Grabovski - Kulemin
Kadri - Bozak - Frattin (not a "Carlyle-ish" 3rd line at all but meh)

if JVR is on the wing, i like:

Lupul - Bozak/Kadri - Kessel
Mac/JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Mac/JVR - Bozak/Kadri - Frattin

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I would be surprised if they have them playing in Boston that day because of the 1:00 PM start time. I know it was planned before the lockout and etc, but you think when they re-do the schedule the NHL would realize not a lot of Maple Leafs would get to watch the game live since it's a regular day in Toronto and not a national holiday like in Boston.

But the game is in Boston so why should they care? As long as the arena is full there, that's what's important.

JVR is on the wing, Baba. Confirmed by Carlyle in yesterday's presser.

JMcLeaf

hoping kadri makes the team, I am sure he wil, unless if something horrible happens

I am very interested in how JVR plays, I think kadri should be on 2nd line with JVR and grabo

I'd like for him to make it, but I'm not sure if there is a spot for him unless a trade or 2 is made or he is amazing in camp.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Mac
Kulemin-Connolly-Frattin
Komarov-Steckel-Brown/Orr

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
WOOO I have butterflies in my stomach,

how do they choose which divisional rival they play 4 times and which they play 5 times? Better be Montreal and Ottawa 5 times

Penalty Kill Icing*

This has got to be the first time in years that there hasn't been an absurdly premature GDT.

Count me superstitious, but might be the reason we weren't making playoffs lately.

So, hopefully, this fixes it. :naughty:

PS: If someone has objection to first line of this post and is going to argue about it, I am not going to respond to that. Posted in light mood.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
WOOO I have butterflies in my stomach,

how do they choose which divisional rival they play 4 times and which they play 5 times? Better be Montreal and Ottawa 5 times

With our luck, it's Boston and Buffalo 5 times. Buffalo is manageable but Boston...

Badger Mayhew*

We win if Leafs grab Luongo

We lose if James "The Real Deal" Reimer is in net

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
gifs_Ace_Ventura_dancing.gif

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
rumors are on the habs board that subban is asking for drew doughty type contract

LMFAO i love it.. i hope he cripples them

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
I'd pay him that just to get him on the leafs.

Subbans a beauty

i would hardly pay him anything more than 4 mil, and that's what a lot of hockey ppl are saying

if he's asking for 7 he's insane

i KNEW habs would be in this situation with him. he's extremely overrated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad