Pre-Game Talk: Part 1: Leafs @ Canadiens - Saturday, January 19, 2013 - Season Opener - CBC - 7 PM

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
tumblr_ma7a9bLGWt1ro2d43.gif

pumped!!!

Awesome gif :handclap:

Go leafs go :yo:

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Morgan Rielly's first NHL game?

Doubt it. Burke has said on more than one occasion, with regard to Luke Schenn, he wouldn't have brought him up for the season after the draft. He would have kept him in junior.

Reilly could be different, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him remain in the WHL.

The K Man

May 7, 2011
Calgary
Do they? The Leafs played their season opener at home against the Habs for 3 straight seasons. In 08-09, the home opener was against them as well (but the season opener was @Detroit).

Wow, ya sorry my bad I was almost 100% certain they've been switching it up :laugh:

TML g u n n e R s*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! LeAFS BABYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Doubt it. Burke has said on more than one occasion, with regard to Luke Schenn, he wouldn't have brought him up for the season after the draft. He would have kept him in junior.

Reilly could be different, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him remain in the WHL.

Burke said that's his way, but Randy Carlyle chooses the team, and
if he wants, he'll play.

Carlyle called him an elite defenseman, and if he has NHL level tools,
he'll play an 18 year old.

mikebel111*

Gunners you're a beauty. :laugh: Go Leafs Go!

Reckon MoRiles gets a game in? Who would he be paired with?

it could be holzer, if healthy
komi
phaneuf, if he really impresses

I think we have a superstar in our hands,

mikebel111*

Burke said that's his way, but Randy Carlyle chooses the team, and
if he wants, he'll play.

Carlyle called him an elite defenseman, and if he has NHL level tools,
he'll play an 18 year old.

he played fowler
my prediction, reilly makes the team

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
it could be holzer, if healthy
komi
phaneuf, if he really impresses

I doubt they put him with Holzer, rookie with a rookie (albeit older) sounds like a mistake.

Phaneuf wouldn't be able to let Rielly play his game.

Komisarek, maybe. A little veteran presence and muscle in case he gets in a sticky situation would be good.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Maybe Gunnarson? Steady veteran presence?

EDIT - Bobby Mac also said hes unsure of how many games Rielly will be allowed before it counts as a year. He said its possible its pro-rated.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Nice!

Also, I hope that Jan 21st Bruins game doesn't stick if it's going to be at 1PM. Yes, it's in Boston, but it's a workday for us Canadians!

Also, Luongo's twitter is hilarious.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Maybe Gunnarson? Steady veteran presence?

EDIT - Bobby Mac also said hes unsure of how many games Rielly will be allowed before it counts as a year. He said its possible its pro-rated.

Well pro rated would be 5 games out of 48 which is still a decent window to get a good glimpse of him and let him play his game for at least a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad