Injury Report: Parise & Pominville Diagnosed with Mumps (Back at Practice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
How long after symptoms show up is someone still able to transmit the disease? Probably best to keep parise and pommer out at least that long.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How long after symptoms show up is someone still able to transmit the disease? Probably best to keep parise and pommer out at least that long.

5 days... they are clear on Friday, but the team doesn't have activities that day so they'll be with the team on Saturday.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From the Strib...

"But it wasn't that bad," Pominville insisted. "I had a fever and stuff like that, but I didn't get it as bad as some guys a couple of years ago because of the booster shot we got [in 2014]."

Parise, Pominville and Stevens returned to practice Saturday. Teammates naturally had fun with it, constantly calling them "Mumpsies" or "Mumpers" or "Mumpford and Sons" or "The Mumpets."

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

tumblr_mfpyutI6p51rsm741o1_250.gif

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Considering the team has had to deal with this twice in a matter of a few years, I think a booster shot should be required for any guy signing/traded with the club. It may not have prevented Parise and Poms from getting it this time around, but it helped reduce the severity of the symptoms and length of recovery.

Meanwhile, when Poms and Parise are together, it shall now be known as The Mumpets Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad