Injury Report: Parise & Pominville Diagnosed with Mumps (Back at Practice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm wondering if this is the Euro strain of the mumps. Was just told by a paramedic that it requires a different booster then the NA version. :dunno:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
A positive spin to this could mean that if there was any nagging injury bothering Parise, maybe this extended time off will allow him to heal and come back stronger than ever.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A positive spin to this could mean that if there was any nagging injury bothering Parise, maybe this extended time off will allow him to heal and come back stronger than ever.

The trouble is that in adults the Mumps can have lingering effects

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Lets just hope it's isolated and nobody else will get it. Although, I can already envision losing a few guys in warmups with mumps on Game 1 of the playoffs.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Russo said Brodin missed 3 weeks last time, Ryan Suter missed just one game. He expects Parise and Pominville to miss 4 of the next 5 games.

Suter may have only missed one game but he played like rotten dog farts for weeks afterward.

This is just not Parise's year. His best approach moving forward might be to go volunteer in a school lunchroom and lick all the trays clean.
tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota

I am baffled as to how this can come up again after we dealt with it just two years ago. I assumed our front office and medical staff got everyone vaccinated when it surfaced the last time. Why would players need vaccinations again so soon? Did we have players that declined vaccinations? Did Parise and Pominville get vaccinations but they were not effective? I hope someone in the media will get more details on this. Right now there does not appear to be much transparency from the Wild (or other clubs) or the NHL on this issue.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I am baffled as to how this can come up again after we dealt with it just two years ago. I assumed our front office and medical staff got everyone vaccinated when it surfaced the last time. Why would players need vaccinations again so soon? Did we have players that declined vaccinations? Did Parise and Pominville get vaccinations but they were not effective? I hope someone in the media will get more details on this. Right now there does not appear to be much transparency from the Wild (or other clubs) or the NHL on this issue.

There shouldn't be much transparency imo. You start getting into HIPAA laws.

The vaccinations aren't 100%, 88% is a number I've seen on here. 12% of a 23 man roster is ~2.74 players. Also mutations or different strands can render current vaccinations less effective. A weakened immune system, ie getting strep multiple times in a year, makes people more susceptible.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
There shouldn't be much transparency imo. You start getting into HIPAA laws.

The vaccinations aren't 100%, 88% is a number I've seen on here. 12% of a 23 man roster is ~2.74 players. Also mutations or different strands can render current vaccinations less effective. A weakened immune system, ie getting strep multiple times in a year, makes people more susceptible.

Which is why it's important that everyone get vaccines, to help people that aren't able to receive them.

No, you won't get autism.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Which is why it's important that everyone get vaccines, to help people that aren't able to receive them.

No, you won't get autism.

Yep. Herd vaccination to protect the ones that the vaccine won't work on. It's how smallpox was eradicated from naturally occurring. The Smallpox (cowpox) shot took forever to heal, and left a dent in my arm.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Suter may have only missed one game but he played like rotten dog farts for weeks afterward.

This is just not Parise's year. His best approach moving forward might be to go volunteer in a school lunchroom and lick all the trays clean.
tumblr_n055oh2uqq1s5tlmxo1_500.gif

Suter was playing bad before the mumps too though, he was playing poorly after losing his Dad just before the season started. I don't think the mumps affected his play much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille