Parayko to leafs rumor

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Good to know that I’m not the only one who recognizes what a colossal mistake it would be to acquire Parayko and his boat anchor contract.
people said the same about Myers and his deal in Vancouver, but, he's still going strong, and has turned out to be quite valuable to them

Reactions: rumman

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
maybe not, but, it was funny, and poignant
Stupid not poignant. Liljegren is on the playoff roster unless he is part of a hockey trade.

Huge up grade over Brodie and can play a key role for the next 3 years. Brodie and Robertson as well as our first with Colton coming at 30 percent retained would be a great trade.
That is a disgusting overpay.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Stupid not poignant. Liljegren is on the playoff roster unless he is part of a hockey trade.

That is a disgusting overpay.
I say it favors us. Brodie is done and his cap hit is high. Robertson is ok not still has value and our first is a crap shoot. 30% retained means we get a good d man for 4.2 for a few years while we still have our top players.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I say it favors us. Brodie is done and his cap hit is high. Robertson is ok not still has value and our first is a crap shoot. 30% retained means we get a good d man for 4.2 for a few years while we still have our top players.

I'd be shocked if anyone retains for 6 years beyond this year.

I doubt Flames would do that for Huberdeau, and that's >>> worse than the extreme distortion of Parayko here.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I personally disagree. Parayko is signed until 2030, is already 31 and is not what he used to be. His hard nosed defensive style isn’t usually something that ages well. If we are spending a first and Robertson I’d much rather get someone else or hold on to the assets and make a deal at the draft.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
I'd prefer a TDL acquisition of someone without a history of back problems. Let's not double down on Dubas' mistakes and take long expensive term on top of that. Too expensive for Robidas Island.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This is a good trade if we can sign him

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1709848865303.jpg
    FB_IMG_1709848865303.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Lebrun just said on TSN radio he has no idea where the parayko rumour is coming from but St Louis has no intention of moving him
Correct, LeBrun stated that he knows for a fact that the Blues management have not spoken to Parayko or his agent regarding any possible trade or if he is willing to waive his full NTC. He said he sees no way of Parayko being dealt by tomorrows deadline if those conversations haven't taken place before now.

Now it's time for all the fan boys of the former GM to cry and moan about the current GM "failing" to acquire a player that isn't available.

Reactions: Sypher04

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
How about we look for a center? Domi can’t be our 2nd …that line plays no D

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Can we just forget about Parayko. Watching the Leafs tonight and the other night, Parayko isn't the difference between competing with the Bruins and other top teams and getting smoked by them. This team needs a better coach and perhaps even a major overhaul because our best players are often not showing up when we need them the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad