Parayko Contract

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I say again....Klingberg him. It's well worth the risk. Even if he doesn't become a offensive force, his defensive zone ability is worth it

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
I say again....Klingberg him. It's well worth the risk. Even if he doesn't become a offensive force, his defensive zone ability is worth it

Dbrownss even it we don't always agree eye to eye, you and I think a lot alike, lol. Parayko is showing that he can be a special defenseman. He could be either a shutdown defenseman or that great defenseman that is solid defensively while still putting up good offensive numbers.

Bluesome

Aug 14, 2010
The Land of Illini
I'm a big fan of the "Prove It" deals however there isn't a blues fan in their right mind that doesn't see Parayko as being the future starwalt of our backend. Parayko uses his size and always seems to be in exactly the right position to send the puck to it's next destination. Some of the best plays he makes are plays you don't even notice, alot of the same things we saw in Pietrangelo as he was developing.

Lock him up now.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I'm a big fan of the "Prove It" deals however there isn't a blues fan in their right mind that doesn't see Parayko as being the future starwalt of our backend. Parayko uses his size and always seems to be in exactly the right position to send the puck to it's next destination. Some of the best plays he makes are plays you don't even notice, alot of the same things we saw in Pietrangelo as he was developing.

Lock him up now.

Yep...we might perhaps should have asked Lehtera to prove it.

Parayko IMO has proven it..at least for the AAV it probably would take to get him on a 6-8 year deal.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Klingberg was in a little bit different of a situation because he was set to be an RFA this last summer so the Stars really didn't want to offer a small bridge contract and then have to pay big two or three years down the line.

If the Blues were smart, I'd imagine they will do something similar with Parayko this summer or next year.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
For the Blues defensive core:

Most games played
Most GWGs
1st in +/- (5th overall in the league)
2nd in blocked shots
2nd in hits
3rd in takeaways
4th in TOI

What a damn good rookie season for the kid.

He'll probably need to show he can stay on track, but he's going to get a nice offer now and in the future.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Morgan Rielly just got 6 years, $5m AAV off of his ELC. Granted, he's playing top-pairing minutes for the Leafs, but it still sets the bar for Parayko.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
whatever the deal is, it better have one or two years of RFA remaining when it expires. Then give him the monster-8 year deal keeping him in STL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he was awesome last night.. with each game that passes, the more money his agent will demand ... I really hope Blues lock him up long term THIS offseason.

He is going to be one of the best dmen in the league in 5 years

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I hope DA is working on the paperwork....this one's a no-brainer should be his first priority.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Sign the kid to a long term contract, lol. Give him 2nd pairing defenseman money. I think he has first line potential, but give him 2nd pairing money and lock him up.

If they can get him locked up long term in offseason, it'll be a giant steal in a few years. Such a good player

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So 8 years, 5 - 5.5 mil aav?

Give me another year to see his progression and I'd probably sign off. He was REALLY good in the first game against Chicago. He made one mistake of pinching at a terrible time, but he got the puck anyway and generated a scoring chance. Still wasn't an intelligent play because the Hawks were gone on at least a 2 on 1, possibly a 3 on 1 if he doesn't get the puck. I'll chalk that up to wanting to do too much.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So 8 years, 5 - 5.5 mil aav?

I doubt his agent advises him to sign away that many UFA years at that price, but Colt is just polite enough to sign the deal anyway. And then he'll put the cap back on the pen.

I'd be shocked actually if either side had an appetite to go longer than 6 years. That his last three years of RFA and first three years of UFA. It has some symmetry. My guess is that they don't extend him in the offseason, at least not until they get Shatty and Steen figured out, but maybe around the Winter Classic.

[Wow is that awesome to say! :yo:]

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Then again, the player/agent might prefer to wait and try and get a bigger contract. I'd still imagine it would be difficult to walk away if the Blues put 8 years, $30m on the table...

Zero chance he signs for 8 years and a $3.75M AAV. That covers 5 UFA years.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
His value seems to be going up after every playoff game. And hes worth every penny he is paid.

Yeah each game this series Colt next contract has increased and at the same time Shatty (One of my Favorite players) worth has decreased, he just is not playing up to his standards at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad