Parayko Contract

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
To get him at 6-8 years for $4-$5 million right away would pay off in spades. He's 22, shown a lot of potential and is already a high quality top 4 defenseman. I don't think we should get him to a bridge deal. Go long term right away.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd definitely give him 5.5 or even close to 6 mil already. I think that's a fairly safe contract.

Bouwmeester makes 5.9 and I don't see any way in hell Parayko will become less effective than him. Not that Jay sucks, but Parayko is a lot better offensively, more physical, and already has such a high IQ that he will be fine on the defensive side of things for his entire career.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Bouwmeester is $5.4m, and Parayko is less proven and has RFA years.

I'm not saying that I don't think he is worth $5.5m, but doing a deal this summer should see a lower number than that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Bouwmeester is $5.4m, and Parayko is less proven and has RFA years.

I'm not saying that I don't think he is worth $5.5m, but doing a deal this summer should see a lower number than that.
Oops I looked at the wrong number.

But yeah my post wasn't saying that's what I think will happen. I'm just saying if it came down to it and we gave Parayko a massive contract, I wouldn't care at all.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Oops I looked at the wrong number.

But yeah my post wasn't saying that's what I think will happen. I'm just saying if it came down to it and we gave Parayko a massive contract, I wouldn't care at all.
If we elect to go long term, would could get him for under $5. Much like Dallas with Klingberg.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How much it would affect his contract AAV (less money) if Parayko would done deal this summer or when his current contract is over?

Or will there be any significant difference if we look he'd produce same pace compare to this year?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
How much it would affect his contract AAV (less money) if Parayko would done deal this summer or when his current contract is over?

Or will there be any significant difference if we look he'd produce same pace compare to this year?
Can't say for sure.

Usually with players coming off ELC its usually 2 results:
Long term, less cap hit [in long run]
Short term, larger cap hit [in long run]

I think we should commit and give him 6-7 years around $4-$5.5 each year. Even though he's had one year, if he doesn't improve he's still a solid #3 defenseman which is worth that kind of money. If we give him a bridge deal it will cost more when that deal is up.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Awesome piece on Parayko from the ESPN NHL page:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...olton-parayko-balances-books-blueliner-duties

"People think I'm crazy for doing this, but I'm not crazy," said Parayko, 22. "I've been going to school and playing hockey for the past three years. This is nothing new for me. The way I see it, it'd be crazy not to finish my degree... I didn't want to put in three years of work towards something and then let it go to waste. I thought back to all the times I was battling through exams or a tough assignment and all the work I put into this, and there was no way I wasn't going to finish it."

Future Blues Captain. Book it.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Awesome piece on Parayko from the ESPN NHL page:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/1...olton-parayko-balances-books-blueliner-duties

"People think I'm crazy for doing this, but I'm not crazy," said Parayko, 22. "I've been going to school and playing hockey for the past three years. This is nothing new for me. The way I see it, it'd be crazy not to finish my degree... I didn't want to put in three years of work towards something and then let it go to waste. I thought back to all the times I was battling through exams or a tough assignment and all the work I put into this, and there was no way I wasn't going to finish it."

Future Blues Captain. Book it.

I agree. He is a guy who will be in this team's leadership group for years to come.

incineratorz

Jan 9, 2012
lol already making an impact in the nhl at 22 while finishing his degree .

Is he superhuman lol ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad