2021-12-05
Sponsor
In former Lions' news:

parisjackson_zpsj1wktkrp.png

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The attendance numbers next season are going to be brutal if they don't make a **** load of changes...

Even then they'll probably be brutal.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Two Lions coaches got into a bit of an altercation at the end of the game. Mark Washington and defensive line coach Robin Ross.

This team literally just imploded after game 7 of the season. Sad to see and tough to watch.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The attendance numbers next season are going to be brutal if they don't make a **** load of changes...

Even then they'll probably be brutal.

They absolutely need a new owner. My only worry is that this season as undoubtedly drove offer prices down that Braley will postpone selling with the thinking of "oh, they'll be better next year, and the value will go back up."

The club now resembles the one Bobby Ackles took over. This is kind of why I'm hoping David Sidoo ends up being the new owner. I think he could do a lot of good re-engaging with the community and slowly getting butts back in the seats. I honestly don't think they're that far off from getting back to a full lower bowl, just that the product and promotion has gotten stale, and more expensive, they're no longer an attractive entertainment option.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Visiting Vancouver this weekend....has anyone heard if Lions going move game to 4pm so not to conflict with Canucks game at 7pm? Would like to attend both games...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Visiting Vancouver this weekend....has anyone heard if Lions going move game to 4pm so not to conflict with Canucks game at 7pm? Would like to attend both games...

That's not going to happen. The Edmonton/Saskatchewan game is at 4pm so the CFL is running a double header.

First 5000 fans receive a Manny Arceneaux bobblehead.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
That's not going to happen. The Edmonton/Saskatchewan game is at 4pm so the CFL is running a double header.

First 5000 fans receive a Manny Arceneaux bobblehead.

Ahh ok...thanks...just remember they did it a month or so ago but obviously there was no other CFL game at the same time..

Decision time...see Lions who are out of playoffs and tix will be cheap or Canucks vs Sid...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Ahh ok...thanks...just remember they did it a month or so ago but obviously there was no other CFL game at the same time..

Decision time...see Lions who are out of playoffs and tix will be cheap or Canucks vs Sid...

They didn't move the game time, it was pre-scheduled at that time.

I would go with the Lions (in fact I am, lol), but it's up to you.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The BC Lions will be making a major football operations announcement at 11am today.

Edit: Former Eskimos GM Ed Hervey likely being added to the front office.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It's a small thing in the big picture, but the Lions BADLY need to go back to a classic helmet and uniform. Those atrocities they wore this season do not ever he history or inspire anyone to buy merchandise,

I would go back to the Gun metal grey uniforms. Everyone loved them and those jerseys sold. Braley wasn't a fan of them, so don't expect a change until the team is sold.

Hopefully the new owner will go back to them. Listen to your fanbase and give them what they want.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Bringing in Hervey could mean a huge shakeup with the Lions roster. He's the GM who brought in James Franklin to Edmonton (as well as Mike Reilly). Franklin is a free agent this year, and with the Lions QB problems last season it's not unreasonable to think he may want to bring in his own guy to lead our offense.

Very curious who he would bring in as head coach. If Wally is stepping away from the game, I expect there will be huge changes to the coaching staff too.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Franklin wants a 3rd string NFL role, we'll see how that plays out.

Also, Adam Bighill was waived again by the New Orleans Saints last week and is back on their practice squad. He's on a 3-year deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints release all their PR players at the end of the year. If so, I could see the Lions throwing a huge contract at him to try to lure him back if practice rosters and the occasional call up are all he's going to get.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Very excited to see what's next for the Lions. A new GM, new voice, clean slate...Hervey is a proven winner and turned around a bad Eskimos team after one season on the job. He has more to work with here than the team he took over in Edmonton.

Franklin having NFL aspirations is no different than Jennings having NFL aspirations. In fact, we may have already lost Jennings as he was reportedly talking to the Packers and Vikings a couple weeks ago. He has a clause in his contract that gives him an NFL window in January.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Franklin wants a 3rd string NFL role, we'll see how that plays out.

Also, Adam Bighill was waived again by the New Orleans Saints last week and is back on their practice squad. He's on a 3-year deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints release all their PR players at the end of the year. If so, I could see the Lions throwing a huge contract at him to try to lure him back if practice rosters and the occasional call up are all he's going to get.

Re: Bighill

That contract should be gone when he was waived, and he would be signed to a new practice squad contract for the rest of this season only. The team doesn't need to release their practice squad.. nor do they usually do that anyway.

NFL teams would generally sign most of their practice squad to a new contract at the end of their season so they have the player for the offseason and the following year.

So the Saints won't need to release him and it's more likely he signs that "futures" contract at the end of the year if he's still on the practice squad.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

That contract should be gone when he was waived, and he would be signed to a new practice squad contract for the rest of this season only. The team doesn't need to release their practice squad.. nor do they usually do that anyway.

NFL teams would generally sign most of their practice squad to a new contract at the end of their season so they have the player for the offseason and the following year.

So the Saints won't need to release him and it's more likely he signs that "futures" contract at the end of the year if he's still on the practice squad.

Thanks. I'm not sure how the NFL works with their contracts, so good to know.

I also assume that Bighill won't be back in New Orleans though, just by virtue of the fact he'll be 30. Teams seldom waste practice roster spots on 30 year olds. If Bighill isn't in their plans for an everyday role on special teams or better, I would be shocked if he were back with the Saints next year.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC

Good to know. Thought he was still on the futures contract, but forgot that he was technically released and a free agent before signing with the practice squad the first time. Still, I agree with Y2K in that I'd be shocked if he signs another deal with the Saints.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Wonder what this means for Geroy. Always figured he was being groomed as the successor.

I think there's still a role for Geroy. The one I'd be curious about is assistant GM Neil McEvoy who had been apprenticing under Buono for several years. Does he stay after being passed up for a promotion? Or will he be looking at other options? And does Hervey even want to retain one or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad