GDT: Panthers vs. NY Islanders - 12/4/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I think most would have to admit that Bjugstad is not a bust this season. So the argument has moved from a binary good/bad to a more sliding scale of how good is he actually. I think he's surprised a bunch of folks this time and is improving as the season is progressing.

Oddly enough, I think the same about the team, including the coach and Tallon. They're not far off. They're now in every game. If Luongo was on top of his game or Reimer found a new gear or we had someone of Bobrovski's quality, the win-loss numbers could be reversed. In which case everyone would be talking playoffs instead of tanking.

It's a fine line. We're close, one or two players away, either by acquisition or improvement. Only MacK and Vrbata are in my doghouse right now. Maybe it's because I have low expectations this year that I can take a step back and say, forget the past, this team actually does have a future.

ullaqld.jpg

It's like they got stuck in a f***ing time loop in 1997.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I think most would have to admit that Bjugstad is not a bust this season. So the argument has moved from a binary good/bad to a more sliding scale of how good is he actually. I think he's surprised a bunch of folks this time and is improving as the season is progressing.

Oddly enough, I think the same about the team, including the coach and Tallon. They're not far off. They're now in every game. If Luongo was on top of his game or Reimer found a new gear or we had someone of Bobrovski's quality, the win-loss numbers could be reversed. In which case everyone would be talking playoffs instead of tanking.

It's a fine line. We're close, one or two players away, either by acquisition or improvement. Only MacK and Vrbata are in my doghouse right now. Maybe it's because I have low expectations this year that I can take a step back and say, forget the past, this team actually does have a future.

We’re not even close to being close. We need about six forwards and 2/3 dmen.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I feel like our top players have shown up this season. Barkov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Dadonov, and Bjugstad have all either performed over expectations or been what we expected from them. McCann's also been a nice asset when he's played, hopefully he continues to improve. Malgin has looked encouraging as of late.

Ekblad didn't start off too great but I think he's been really good as of late. If he keeps it up then I think I can put him in the same category as the other guys I listed. Same with Matheson.

Lu's been good, but now he looks like he could be out for a while or career-ended :(.

Everyone else's pros don't outweigh their cons in my opinion.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Second this.. pretty much bang on imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad