GDT: Panthers vs. Bruins - 3/15/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Ya know I just said in the other thread Florida is fine as long as Philly/NJD lost 1 of their 2 over the weekend, but I'm assuming Florida will win Saturday. Afternoon games are always a shitshow, it would be so like Florida to lose like 3-1 after this game lol

I really despise daytime games, always a coinflip

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Ya know I just said in the other thread Florida is fine as long as Philly/NJD lost 1 of their 2 over the weekend, but I'm assuming Florida will win Saturday. Afternoon games are always a ****show, it would be so like Florida to lose like 3-1 after this game lol

I really despise daytime games, always a coinflip

Hell for Edmonton its a morning game it will start 11AM their time.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Cool to come home and see that we got the shutout! They had guys missing but you still have to go out and beat 'em. Nice job!

-ghoste

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Okay guys, this is getting depressing. How about some cheerful scenarios?

1) Vatrano goes 2+1, Barkov line has two goals and we win 5-3 with an empty netter.
2) Luongo/Reimer stands on his head. We win 2-0.
3) Mamin and McCoshen play like men on a mission to prove they belong. Mamin goes 1+1, super-energized McCoshen plays like a great shutdown Dman. We win 3-2 with the other goals from Huberdeau and Sceviour.
4) He Shall Drag us into the Playoffs Kicking and Screaming. The Barkov hattrick finally happens. Meanwhile, Haley's powerful glare while sitting on the bench ensures that the Bruins tremble in fear and don't touch any of our players.

<<<That's four wins for four Bruins games. Let's do that :D
That's close enough, right? :D

On a serious note, don't like being outshot by nearly twenty shots, but this is huge two points so that's the most important thing. Yay win :D

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
Tonight may have been the best game I've seen Ekblad play his whole career. He was a factor on both sides of the ice in this game.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
huge to take advantage of the fact that rask wasnt in. we can never seem to beat rask and we'll be playing them a few more times before the seasons over, so we had to pick this one up.
reimer played fantastic, huge shutout win on his birthday.
just keep chugging along.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Was the control of the game as lopsided as the shot count ? Defensive breakdowns or how the hell they get 46 shots

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Was the control of the game as lopsided as the shot count ? Defensive breakdowns or how the hell they get 46 shots

They definitely had the puck way more. They also carried the play in the 2nd period until we got a ppg

They also like to shoot. A lot.

But I pointed it out during the game, our shot suppression is really bad. All year really.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
bruins completely dominated but ill take it obviously. now lets go out there and get blown out by mcdavid.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
They definitely had the puck way more. They also carried the play in the 2nd period until we got a ppg

They also like to shoot. A lot.

But I pointed it out during the game, our shot suppression is really bad. All year really.

Matheson missed all but 5 minutes of the second I wonder how much that contributed to them being stuck in their zone all period.

Trocheck was liking Boston fan tweets that he dove after the Backes hit. He’s a troll everywhere.

And Barky is great in his postgame interview. When asked about being the first panther since Olli Jokinen 10 years ago to score 70 points. “Can somebody else than Finns get 70 points?” “That was joke” starts around the 1:15 mark

Last edited:

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
As long its this version of him that shows up im fine with it.
Both goalies due to age (especially Luongo) can't have too much workload at a time, Reimer is also a Roy one day and an Alex Auld another so you never know with him either. When they are well rested they usually perform well.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If Ekblad can throw the body like that more often that would be great.

Got in trouble for waking the baby when I said holy shit loudly at that hit lol.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
early sampling but how do we feel about vatrano... i kinda miss malgin with them... but i think the lines are more balanced. I just don't think Franky V is the answer... maybe a lil soon to judge...

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Ekblad can throw the body like that more often that would be great.

Got in trouble for waking the baby when I said holy **** loudly at that hit lol.

I was calling your profile name very loudly on the PP before Trocheck scored, my cat and dog just lifted their head, death stared at me and went back to sleep. I told them to knock off the attitude or their breakfast time gets knocked back an hour. Ungrateful kids I tell ya. :laugh:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Nice win. Reimer looked sharp and calm.

Bjugstad and Dadonov were the best forwards.

Love seeing Matheson jump Backes like that.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Dadonov and Yandle have been excellent free agent signings. Hopefully they put to rest that good free agents don't want to come here. We got top free agents who signed here at reasonable rates and they're performing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad