Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Barkov for 6 years, 5.9M AAV, 35.4M total

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
things like these are a step on the right direction for this franchise. Barkov is a highly regarded young player and this can be the catalyst to start attracting players who would otherwise overlook Florida. Of course this is coupled with the pretty good season we're having so far. Let's all hope it continues.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
That's a great contract.

EDIT: Komarov invite was because he is a fellow Finn & the next game is TOR vs FLA tomorrow so chances are he is in town.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Really weird how the 5th year went down significantly. Dale must have a plan on how to fit everyone's extensions under the cap.
There's no limit on salaries per year, as long as the ownership is fine with it.

That's a common trick how rich and popular teams attract UFAs, they frontload the contracts or/and give huge signing bonuses.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I loved Nate, though other poster hated him…I'm happy to say, I think I know who shall be winning the next upcoming numbers thread…

6 million bucks a year for Barkov is a steal! He's only getting better!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I loved Nate, though other poster hated him…I'm happy to say, I think I know who shall be winning the next upcoming numbers thread…

6 million bucks a year for Barkov is a steal! He's only getting better!

#16 is the most used # in team history, with 17 players wearing it. Barky is probably right there ATM with Sheppard, but this is for another thread. ;)

Thankfully my guilty Panther pleasure has two more shots (Novoseltsev, #'s 26 & 39) :laugh:

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
So 36mil for this contract, then @27 he will get kopitar-like contract, so 10/10=100mils, and he is probably a reliable vet at 37, so 3-5 years more at 3-4mil.

Thats around 150 billlllllllion dollars.

Nice earnings Sasha, very much deserved!

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
So 36mil for this contract, then @27 he will get kopitar-like contract, so 10/10=100mils, and he is probably a reliable vet at 37, so 3-5 years more at 3-4mil.

Thats around 150 billlllllllion dollars.

Nice earnings Sasha, very much deserved!

I also believe this has a high chance of being one of the best contracts in the NHL.

I lived on the same floor as Barkov till recently but couldn't bring myself to bother him for an autograph, kinda regret it.

Congratz brother and good luck with your career!

46bd0a583047ffa69e8e14da3cd455a7f14795d9fad4e187c1cfbfd18b7b78df.jpg

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I'd reckon that Ek is gonna have a five year deal.
If they want to pull a Kane and Toews, then yes that would be a smart leverage move. Will be interesting to see how team friendly Ekblad's agent is next year. Again, it all boils down to the individual philosophy of each player, and whether they want to leave wiggle room on the Cap to surround themselves with competent teammates.

Bowman has done an excellent job in a very difficult environment so far with the drafting of solid prospects and becoming a destination for guys like Panarin. Will be interesting to see how the Hawks perform in the playoffs the next few years.

Incidentally, any team that wants Stamkos for between $9.5 to $10.5M for the next 7 years can have him. He's already begun to regress at 25. The $8.5M that he is being offered with no income tax in Florida is more than a fair deal for what he brings to the table.

Last edited:

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
The most important player atm in Panthers right now, so this contract is pretty important too! :nod:

Move on to Guds and Ekblad (maybe hold on until next year on Eks?) and keep locking these young studs, me likes.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks for all the support. Hopefully you can change that avatar soon to a Barky one:naughty:

When we see a Barky hatter :sarcasm:
Don't worry, I'm always living/watching the games even though I'm not posting on your game threads, love Barkov and why not, Tamperee kasvatteja molemmat :)

I'd reckon that Ek is gonna have a five year deal.

I'd like to see 1-3 years between them, gives them a bit more breathing room.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Bowman has done an excellent job in a very difficult environment so far with the drafting of solid prospects and becoming a destination for guys like Panarin. Will be interesting to see how the Hawks perform in the playoffs the next few years.

Success breeds success.

Incidentally, any team that wants Stamkos for between $9.5 to $10.5M for the next 7 years can have him. He's already begun to regress at 25. The $8.5M that he is being offered with no income tax in Florida is more than a fair deal for what he brings to the table.

Hard to believe that the guy would be regressing at 25. E.g. Selanne was believed to be done with hockey after playing with the Sharks and Avs for reasons that overlap somewhat with that of Stamkos.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Kinda interesting with those NMC/NTC clauses, why NMC specifically for year 5?

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
The future is now.

What a deal. Congrats to Sasha and hopefully he earns a 12 million dollar AAV or whatever crazy figure for his next deal. Selke and Art Ross and Hart...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I wonder how much the Panthers outclause in 2022 will effect deals in the upcoming seasons, and if that had any effect on these negotiations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad