Panthers outshoot Lightning 50-15... and lose 5-3

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Here's my HFboards mains impression

"Duuuurp..maybe if Barkov lerned to commit 2 defense. Duurp.. maybee Florida wudd have won tha game".

Also thair not gomna win a stanlee cup till Barkiv plays a full 200 foot gamee.. duurrrp.

- Hf poster who never watches any games

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'm not sure what my ass team has to do with your bigger brother continuing to beat you guys up.
FL won 2 of the 3 games vs TB this season. Looks like a decent chance of their meeting again in the playoffs. We’ll see how it turns out. It would certainly be a hard fought and entertaining series.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
That may in part be due to score effects. The Lightning had a 4-0 lead; they may have gotten complacent.

I saw the Habs get a very early 3-0 lead recently, and then proceed to give up over 40 shots while holding that lead for the rest of the game.

This is the point that I was trying to make to all the people lambasting the team for their "poor" performance.

It isn't as easy as it appears to play in those situations, and it doesn't seem to matter at what point a team is in with respect to the competitive cycle.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah, basically an intense example of score effects. Scoring a lot of goals early will lead to imbalances, just not usually this extreme (outshot 38-5 in the final two frames).
yea, not exactly protecting a lead

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Tampa tends to do this when they have the lead. Havent seen this particukar game, but watched them against Buffalo. After getting the lead, they just played a sound defensive gane and choked any offense from their opponent.

It works.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Tampa tends to do this when they have the lead. Havent seen this particukar game, but watched them against Buffalo. After getting the lead, they just played a sound defensive gane and choked any offense from their opponent.

It works.

We call it the Cooper Shell on the Lightning board. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always work, in fact it failed multiple times when we needed it the most against the Leafs.

• Wow
Reactions: abo9

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Untitled.png

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Lot of time on the PK and score effects certainly didn't help, but the fact is Tampa was getting swarmed and just couldn't get the puck out of the zone. Sometimes a goalie steals a game - that's what happened there.

Reactions: Chaos2k7 and DaveG

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
, they just played a sound defensive gane and choked any offense from their opponent.
this didn't happen though. If it weren't for numerous posts and Vasi standing on his head, the Panthers tie and likely win the game in regulation. No offense was "chocked" out. Panthers had quality chance after quality chance the last 40 minutes of that game.

Reactions: abo9

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

It works.
It also helps when the goalie has freaking force field activated between the pipes.
They really didn’t choke off all offense while trying to protect their lead in this game.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
this didn't happen though. If it weren't for numerous posts and Vasi standing on his head, the Panthers tie and likely win the game in regulation. No offense was "chocked" out. Panthers had quality chance after quality chance the last 40 minutes of that game.
Was like an old re-run

Vasi!! :mad:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm not sure what my ass team has to do with your bigger brother continuing to beat you guys up.
Cringe. We won 2/3 games this year LOL. Your trolling is weak. And New Jersey is disgusting on and off the ice. Bunch of soft players. Makes the leafs look tough.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Cringe. We won 2/3 games this year LOL. Your trolling is weak. And New Jersey is disgusting on and off the ice. Bunch of soft players. Makes the leafs look tough.
Who's trolling? Haven't they taken like 8 of 10 playoff series historically from the Panthers?

I hope you guys get matched up again this year, would be a great series!

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Florida's tough guy act works so well they've won 0 championships in the history of the franchise........Swept by their in state rivals 2 years ago and gave up a combined 21 goals in 3 games against Vegas....

Leafs have never been swept in the Matthews , Marner era....

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Florida's tough guy act works so well they've won 0 championships in the history of the franchise........Swept by their in state rivals 2 years ago and gave up a combined 21 goals in 3 games against Vegas....

Leafs have never been swept in the Matthews , Marner era....
Rattled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad