Panthers outshoot Lightning 50-15... and lose 5-3

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Well last I checked posts don’t count for goals so…. Counts as much as missing
I mean, I think there's a clear difference between making a save and being beat clean by a shot that ends up hitting the post.

Again, not saying Vasi wasn't great, and it does speak to his positioning as well as the Panthers lack of finish. He also made some excellent saves.

But all it takes is that extra inch on a couple of those posts to change the perception of how Vasi played, at least to those stat watching. Just 1 of those going in and his sv% goes down to .920%

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
The Oilers outshot the Lightning 57-24 earlier in the year and lost 7-4. Expected goals were 7.41 to 2.93 for Edmonton.
I remember that game.

Oilers dominated from the puckdrop. Skinner let in every shot, Vasi let in nothing.

Then the 'lern 2 pley dafense' crowd chimed in with their expertise.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Yes, it gives you 2 points that allow the team to barely hang in the PO spot because you are .898 on the season. #greatness
I'm not speaking of any individual goalie. I just laugh at the notion that great goaltending is no longer a factor in the NHL. A hot goalie can make up for a lot of bad play in front of him.

Reactions: DaveG and Tofveve

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm not speaking of any individual goalie. I just laugh at the notion that great goaltending is no longer a factor in the NHL. A hot goalie can make up for a lot of bad play in front of him.
So basically you misinterpret what people are saying so you can laugh at it. Wise tactic.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sounds like my old beer league team except we were the Lightning

Papa044

Aug 2, 2005
Miami, FL
Hilarious - Bolts still own the Panthers
IMG_0745.jpeg

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
So basically you misinterpret what people are saying so you can laugh at it. Wise tactic.
You have no idea what post on what board by what poster I was even referencing so maybe you can lower your hissy fit from an 8 to a 2?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Goaltending is the only thing that matters in hockey… both ways. Vasi went god mode and Bobrosvky was worse then trash.

Play that game again switch the goalies and that’s a 17-0 game Florida

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
5GA on 15 shots is horrendous.
Yes, FL has been very sloppy in front of their goalie the last several games. A 2 on 1 where the puck is put in by the defender. A guy in all alone who has time to put his own rebound in. A cross ice pass for a bullet shot, and then Stammer one time blast off a cross ice pass on the PP. 5th was an empty netter. Leaving Bob hanging out to dry lately, which previously hasn’t happened much at all this season.

Reactions: Tofveve

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Goaltending is the only thing that matters in hockey… both ways. Vasi went god mode and Bobrosvky was worse then trash.

Play that game again switch the goalies and that’s a 17-0 game Florida

Except it's unlikely the Panthers have the same edge in shots if they're not down big early.

Reactions: DaveG

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

Since you liked a post of mine on the Lightning board, you know my opinion of yesterday. I'll add this after having a day to chew on it...that version of Vasy can steal a lot of games. That Bob is a 1st round exit. FL is deep and nasty. Without Bob playing well though, FL is just another playoff team.

That's the rub. Tampa is actually dangerous if Vasy can be the Vasy of old.

Bottom line, I don't want FL in the 1st round.

Has the hearing for that elbow been scheduled yet?

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad