GDT: Panthers @ Oilers - 2/12/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
McGinn is an asset to this team.....idc what anybody else says.

I like him but the contract is so bad. After you factor in the retention on Demers he's a 4 million dollar player lol. In a year of nonstop complaints, I haven't really read many about him though :dunno: Pretty sure everyone is happier with him than the player that was moved and is already on Arizona's trade block.

Said that name in exchange for Petro +

Oh I was talking about after the season. His age scares me a bit, also that he's strictly motivated by money which might rule Florida out (no taxes though)

I don't expect any moves this deadline. Petrovic is an interesting piece though, I wonder if DT wants him back...

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Well that seemed fun. Just watched the recap. Loved Potvin yelling "NO!" when Matheson got called for the trip for the penalty shot then yelling "YES!" when Dadanov got his.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I like him but the contract is so bad. After you factor in the retention on Demers he's a 4 million dollar player lol. In a year of nonstop complaints, I haven't really read many about him though :dunno: Pretty sure everyone is happier with him than the player that was moved and is already on Arizona's trade block.

His contract sucks, but it expires after next year and well Bjugstad.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Real nice effort last night. One of the more entertaining games this season. Reimer looked terrible.

Big win, need to get another in Vancouver before the tough stretch begins.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Oh I was talking about after the season. His age scares me a bit, also that he's strictly motivated by money which might rule Florida out (no taxes though)

I don't expect any moves this deadline. Petrovic is an interesting piece though, I wonder if DT wants him back...
Because everyone agrees McGinn is overpaid and not worth the money. He'd be fine at 1.5 million a year. He's a good fourth line player.

When we traded for him the expectations were way too high though. Go through the Demers trade thread.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Didn’t the rule change this year? It doesn’t matter anymore if you get the puck first its still a penalty if your stick hits the guys skates.
It happened a couple years ago already (2015-16 maybe?). I remember that there was a game where a penalty shot was called and most of us thought the old ruling was still in place, then someone posted the new ruling.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Real nice effort last night. One of the more entertaining games this season. Reimer looked terrible.

Big win, need to get another in Vancouver before the tough stretch begins.

Thankfully Talbot was worse. Reimer has been wildly inconsistent this season. His 3.10 GAA and .909 SV% is not even close to where they should be. If Luongo can come back and provide some stability right away, it would give us a huge boost down the stretch. Big IF though.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Because everyone agrees McGinn is overpaid and not worth the money. He'd be fine at 1.5 million a year. He's a good fourth line player.

When we traded for him the expectations were way too high though. Go through the Demers trade thread.
McGinn has scored 20 in a year, 3rd liner should be doable for him.

Tough on the forecheck, responsible on D, and has some skill. but 3.3 is too much.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Haley and Mckenzie are useless. I don't see Boughner moving on from Haley.

McGinn needs to be traded or bought out.

Malgin was fantastic last night. Nice pass off the backboards for the 1st PPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad