GDT: Panthers@Leafs 7:30 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Asking anyone if they are worried about Florida should ask a member of the 1964 Phillies who had a 6 1/2 game lead in the National League with 2 weeks to go.

This is not baseball where you play the same team 3 to 4 games in a row during the regular season.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No team with 97 points has ever missed the playoffs in NHL history. It's not going to happen now even if the Leafs somehow managed to go pointless the rest of the regular season.

This game is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I don't see the Leafs winning this one though, Florida will have more urgency and come out harder than the Leafs.

Theoretically, it can happen. If Leafs lose every game in regulation and every team below us (Philly, NJ and Florida) wins out, we miss. That's a fact. Obviously that is not going to happen, but just saying mathematically we have not clinched anything.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
This is not baseball where you play the same team 3 to 4 games in a row during the regular season.
it doesn't matter if its not baseball, collapses can happen. also the mets and phillies never played eachother during the phillies collapse whereas the leafs are playing the panthers. also playing 3 or 4 games in a row isn't relevant at all

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
it doesn't matter if its not baseball, collapses can happen. also the mets and phillies never played eachother during the phillies collapse whereas the leafs are playing the panthers. also playing 3 or 4 games in a row isn't relevant at all

Collapses can happen, but even if we lose everything out, ALL THREE teams chasing us need to win out. Baseball in 1964 was one team from the league making it to the postseason. No there is no little 'x' beside the Leafs in the standings yet, but we are very safe right now.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would be cool indeed, and would extend his current point streak to 10. Also currently sitting at 59 points in his last 62 Games.
Surprised it's only 10. I know he doesn't get points every game but it sure seems like he does.
I have no doubt he'll get 100 points at least once in his career.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Asking anyone if they are worried about Florida should ask a member of the 1964 Phillies who had a 6 1/2 game lead in the National League with 2 weeks to go.
Are any members still alive?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Where did you see that?
Untitled.jpg

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
They really don't believe in giving Freddy a game off here and there, do they?
I remember a few weeks ago, sorry forget which game exactly - but Babcock was asked about his usage with Fred post-game. He mentioned that in his entire time as a coach in the NHL he hasn't come across a starting goalie that doesn't want to play games. He said they always want to play, and that no goalie has come to him saying "coach please sit me out next game I need to rest."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad