Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
In the 10-15 range where the Panthers will be drafting? That's unlikely.

Zacha, Meier, Rantanen, Crouse, Svechnikov, Barzal... a long list of players that could be on the range and with equal/greater upside. There's never guarantees that potential exceeds ability but you also should keep in mind Kessel is one dimensional forward. With kids you can atleast try teach a two way game.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Zacha, Meier, Rantanen, Crouse, Svechnikov, Barzal... a long list of players that could be on the range and with equal/greater upside. There's never guarantees that potential exceeds ability but you also should keep in mind Kessel is one dimensional forward. With kids you can atleast try teach a two way game.

I don't see how any of those guys have the potential to be better than Kessel. I'm not a big fan of his, but he's easily a top five sniper in this league. I'm sure they'll all be good players in their own right, but not on the same level as Kessel.

FlaPantherSwe*

At what age are you no longer a "kid" in NHL starting to piss me off that use of term.. call them young guns or whatever.. This one dimensional argument is getting out of control

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
At what age are you no longer a "kid" in NHL starting to piss me off that use of term.. call them young guns or whatever.. This one dimensional argument is getting out of control

Teenagers are kids. That definition may also extend to those in their early 20s.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Then we have only 2 so why use term?

Well first, he's talking about 17 and 18 year olds in that post. Second of all, its fully acceptable to consider Huberdeau one as well and Bjugstad and Gudbranson for a bit longer. I'm not sure why that upsets you.

FlaPantherSwe*

Well first, he's talking about 17 and 18 year olds in that post. Second of all, its fully acceptable to consider Huberdeau one as well and Bjugstad and Gudbranson for a bit longer. I'm not sure why that upsets you.

Sounds and is stupid for many reasons.. But anyway looking forward to game Luongo out?

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I don't see how any of those guys have the potential to be better than Kessel. I'm not a big fan of his, but he's easily a top five sniper in this league. I'm sure they'll all be good players in their own right, but not on the same level as Kessel.

I see you're having an odd man's crush towards Kessel. I'm not really convinced he's "easily" even a top5 sniper in the league. 23 goals this season. By the way, are you an expert on youth developement? That is kind of a bold statement to make that none of these guys could turn out better than Kessel. Look at where Tarasenko was drafted and lets talk some more. There are punch of players with excellent size added with great skating and soft hands. Anyone of them could outscore the man while actually playing a two way game. And yeah I consider 17-18 year olds to be kids. Where I'm from you haven't even done military in that age (which is mandatory).

Mods: you can move the dialogue to another thread if you like. This obviously has nothing to do with the Carolina game.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
well considered an adult is 18+ i wouldnt consider any of them kids, they're adults, obviously, they're just still pretty young is all.

and we're doubting kessel's ability just because he has 23g this season on a terrible team? look at his career stats, the guy scores/on pace for pretty much 35g almost every year. its hard enough to find 30 goal scorers in this league let alone guys who are in the 35+ range. but, ya know, being a panthers fan who never have any star players or any top goal scorers...we wouldnt want that. instead we can sign an older vet who can maybe score 20 for at least half the price+ of kessel. its the only way. the panther way ;)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I see you're having an odd man's crush towards Kessel. I'm not really convinced he's "easily" even a top5 sniper in the league. 23 goals this season. By the way, are you an expert on youth developement? That is kind of a bold statement to make that none of these guys could turn out better than Kessel. Look at where Tarasenko was drafted and lets talk some more. There are punch of players with excellent size added with great skating and soft hands. Anyone of them could outscore the man while actually playing a two way game. And yeah I consider 17-18 year olds to be kids. Where I'm from you haven't even done military in that age (which is mandatory).

Mods: you can move the dialogue to another thread if you like. This obviously has nothing to do with the Carolina game.

Tarasenko was a top five talent that dropped due to the "Russian factor". I'm actually on the fence about Kessel, and I'm definitely not one of the guys that has an "odd man's crush." That whole team has given up and did so when Wilson was fired. And a guy who has 23 goals in a down year? That's a good player. Of course any player can turn out to be a star, but the chances of getting a guy that is capable of outscoring Kessel at 10-15 are pretty slim. I'm not sure why you're so defensive about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad