Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I agree with the above. although, as good as Hayes fits with Trocheck and Pirri, that line needs some defense (and I think Big Game James should sit one game to ignite his ass).

I don't mind the musical chairs being down to Thorny, Uppy, And Kopy, with Kopy getting 3 chairs on his behalf.

If speed is needed, Put Uppy in. Physicality? Thorny

If it's a falling competition, Barkov and Kopy on the same line. no contest.

But ever since Jagr initiated order 68, Android Barkov just destroys!

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
I just got tickets to go to this game. I'm so pumped, first Panthers game I get to go to since I drove to Tampa in 2012. Also this will be the first time sitting on the glass! Hopefully they win this time..

I'm curious if anyone has experience going to away games how early do they usually get to the Arena? Are fans usually able to see them walking from the bus to the Arena?

I don't expect to see Luongo play but that's fine as long as he get healthy for the final stretch :yo:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
No, that would be a mistake. But I would consider giving up a future pick combined with some of our high-end prospects (not in the NHL). It would take a magical combination, but I think their could be one that interests Nonis and Shanahan. They said they're embarking on a 5-year rebuild. Getting a couple of high-end prospects and possessing three first round picks in the first year of that rebuild is a lot more enticing than their current situation. They were trying to move Kessel like crazy at the deadline and failed to because the asking price was a king's ransom. That could definitely change on draft day. If it does and I'm the GM of the Florida Panthers, I do whatever it takes to add Kessel to a top-six of Huberdeau, Barkov, Bjugstad and (re-signed) Jagr.

I do agree that Kessel would be an awesome trait to add into the top6. Still realisticly, if Huberdeau was off the table it would take most likely something like 2015 1st + 2016 1st and a really good prospect. That's a heavy price. Also there are number of forwards outside McEichel that have potential to become better than Kessel. I'd almost rather let Huberdeau go but that would be a setback for the current situation where the team is a playoff contender so not really an option. At the end of the day I guess it comes down to where Florida drafts this year. Still "whatever it takes", perhaps not. Jagr has such a positive influence on the team right now that Tallon doesn't have to go into desperation mode.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I do agree that Kessel would be an awesome trait to add into the top6. Still realisticly, if Huberdeau was off the table it would take most likely something like 2015 1st + 2016 1st and a really good prospect. That's a heavy price. Also there are number of forwards outside McEichel that have potential to become better than Kessel. I'd almost rather let Huberdeau go but that would be a setback for the current situation where the team is a playoff contender so not really an option. At the end of the day I guess it comes down to where Florida drafts this year. Still "whatever it takes", perhaps not. Jagr has such a positive influence on the team right now that Tallon doesn't have to go into desperation mode.

In the 10-15 range where the Panthers will be drafting? That's unlikely.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I don't get this, what have I missed?

I said he plays like a captain and someone said he was always too serious so I said he is like an Android haha.

and just for my own thing, he wears 16. So he is Android 16. who knows where that's from??? haha

Upshall has been freed, Thornton in the cages. Petro and Kopecky having an ongoing tea party

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Just saw the Panthers stats, and noticed a few things:

- Huberdeau has tied Bjugstad for points, and has been great after a slow start.
- We are a -23 this season, and I noticed what the +/- of the 4th line is: Thornton -12, Kopecky - 20 and McKenzie - 16. That fourth-line have step up and not let in so many goals.
- Might not even have one 50 point player this season, and only one player with 20+ goals. Its hard to make the playoffs when you have no clutch player who can step up at the crucial moments.

GO CATS GO!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Just saw the Panthers stats, and noticed a few things:

- Huberdeau has tied Bjugstad for points, and has been great after a slow start.
- We are a -23 this season, and I noticed what the +/- of the 4th line is: Thornton -12, Kopecky - 20 and McKenzie - 16. That fourth-line have step up and not let in so many goals.
- Might not even have one 50 point player this season, and only one player with 20+ goals. Its hard to make the playoffs when you have no clutch player who can step up at the crucial moments.

GO CATS GO!

They gotta get rid of Kopy over the summer. The guy is done. So obvious.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I said he plays like a captain and someone said he was always too serious so I said he is like an Android haha.

and just for my own thing, he wears 16. So he is Android 16. who knows where that's from??? haha

I can live with this... as long as you don't start jinxing the barky hatter everything goes.

:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad