Pre-Game Talk: Panthers @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The optimist in me says if the split these games and beat Buffalo they're right back in it. On the other hand Chicago has been destroyed in 2 straight games and had a closed door metting, so they're probably ready for this one. Florida has to win one of them though or it's probably over.

Positives: Chicago is a pedestrian 10-10-3 since January 1st
Versteeg plays for them so it's a Panthers powerplay everytime he's on the ice amirite

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We'll see what the team is made of going into this b2b with Chicago.

Last two games have been ugly, especially in the 3rd period.

Sloppy play on both ends have lead to blowouts.

PS, I wish they would reunite the Joke-Trocheck-Hayes line since Bolland will probably be out for the rest of the year. :sarcasm:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
4-5-2 against the Hawks after the 04-05 lockout.

2-5-2 since 2008-09.

0-1-1 last season.

I have literally zero faith that they can get points. Even one would be a miracle from the two games. And this isn't me being a Debbie Downer, that's just what it looks like realistically.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
4-5-2 against the Hawks after the 04-05 lockout.

2-5-2 since 2008-09.

0-1-1 last season.

I have literally zero faith that they can get points. Even one would be a miracle from the two games. And this isn't me being a Debbie Downer, that's just what it looks like realistically.

Going 1-3 in the next 4 ends the season, because at worst Boston will go 2-2 and 5 points back with 20 games left is pretty much insurmountable.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Going 1-3 in the next 4 ends the season, because at worst Boston will go 2-2 and 5 points back with 20 games left is pretty much insurmountable.

I think in the end, this all comes down to the 3 head-to-head matchups against Boston. Obviously there's more games than that, but nothing will be as impactful as those. I'm fairly certain whoever wins the majority of points in those matchups will make the playoffs.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
This one is over before it even starts. No reason to be optimistic about this game in any way shape or form.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I think in the end, this all comes down to the 3 head-to-head matchups against Boston. Obviously there's more games than that, but nothing will be as impactful as those. I'm fairly certain whoever wins the majority of points in those matchups will make the playoffs.

It may be too late by then. Cant expect to sweep the 3. winning 2 of 3 realistic success. Thatsa a net 2 pt movement.

WE have to stay within 3 or 4 by that time. 7 or 8 itll be meaningless.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Hawks are going to be out for blood after that embarrassing beating they took at the hands of the Bs. The Cats had better bring their "A" game or this could get real ugly.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Hawks are going to be out for blood after that embarrassing beating they took at the hands of the Bs. The Cats had better bring their "A" game or this could get real ugly.

it's gonna get real ugly, thats for sure

Last edited:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not sure if the Darling start is a positive or a negative.

Also, Oduya is out with an injury.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Last 7 games (2-4-0-1):

@ Minnesota: 2-1 L
@ Dallas: 2-0 L
VS St. Louis: 2-1 SOL
@ Toronto: 3-2 W
@ Montreal: 3-2 SOW
@ Ottawa: 4-1 L
@ Pittsburgh: 5-1 L

7 games, 9 goals for, 18 goals against, brutal playoff push.

FlaPantherSwe*

Last 7 games (2-4-0-1):

@ Minnesota: 2-1 L
@ Dallas: 2-0 L
VS St. Louis: 2-1 SOL
@ Toronto: 3-2 W
@ Montreal: 3-2 SOW
@ Ottawa: 4-1 L
@ Pittsburgh: 5-1 L

7 games, 9 goals for, 18 goals against, brutal playoff push.

The fact that our mediocre play all season has us in a playoff race is no short of a mircle.. its online luck that Boston have been this bad.. If you have minus goal difference you have no place in a playoff round.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think it could be a close game. Both teams have had a bad last overall week and got blown out yesterday. I'd expect to be quite physical as well, so players like Gudbranson and Thornton should be up for the challenge. The question is, do we have the will to take advantage of the backup goaltender as we certainly didn't in Ottawa.

I think we need at least 3 points in this home-and-home series and a win vs. Buffalo. I know we have 24 games left and we're basically a game and a half behind the Wild Card, but if we earn only 1 or 2 points in the next three games while the Bruins get 5 or 6. the three point lead could rise six or more by the end of the week.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I think it could be a close game. Both teams have had a bad last overall week and got blown out yesterday. I'd expect to be quite physical as well, so players like Gudbranson and Thornton should be up for the challenge. The question is, do we have the will to take advantage of the backup goaltender as we certainly didn't in Ottawa.

I think we need at least 3 points in this home-and-home series and a win vs. Buffalo. I know we have 24 games left and we're basically a game and a half behind the Wild Card, but if we earn only 1 or 2 points in the next three games while the Bruins get 5 or 6. the three point lead could rise six or more by the end of the week.

Well, then expect a lot of penalties to be handed out. I wouldn't want to put CHI on the powerplay very often, then it could get ugly.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
So what the hell ever happened to Dylan Olsen? Refused to report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad