Post-Game Talk: Panthers decide to go home early | 4-3 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Never too high, never too low…

The drama with some opinions around here is always funny ! And the roller-coaster vibes too…

Couple of weeks ago we all had our names on the Cup, nowadays you would think we couldn’t win a 4-game series against Columbus if you listen to half posters around here.

Calm down.

Breathe.

They will get back on track, because simply put, they are one of the better teams in the league. Period.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Never too high, never too low…

The drama with some opinions around here is always funny ! And the roller-coaster vibes too…

Couple of weeks ago we all had our names on the Cup, nowadays you would think we couldn’t win a 4-game series against Columbus if you listen to half posters around here.

Calm down.

Breathe.

They will get back on track, because simply put, they are one of the better teams in the league. Period.
let me panic in peace

GAOV-1tbsAAThA9.jpg

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Rodrigues has to take a seat in the press box for the rest of the season. The guy sucks. I don’t care about the first goal. The over the boards play at that time in the game is unforgivable when you consider how bad he has been all year.

Get rid of him this summer.

Kulikov needs to sit when Stinkblad returns. Let him go to any other team this summer.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Rodrigues has to take a seat in the press box for the rest of the season. The guy sucks. I don’t care about the first goal. The over the boards play at that time in the game is unforgivable when you consider how bad he has been all year.

Get rid of him this summer.

Kulikov needs to sit when Stinkblad returns. Let him go to any other team this summer.
Erod is terrible at goal production but hes a solid player outside of that, that penalty was really bad though.

Why the hate on kuli? Guys on the 3rd line defensive pairing and hes been pretty solid almost all year. He takes some dumb penalties (last few hes gotten have been weak calls) but hes one of the few guys to lay the boom down and has good experience to be good defensively.

hes a +11 on the plus/minus stat which lines up to what i see (only behind ekky and gus on the dline), meanwhile monty is at -2. (i know that stat depends on a lot but generally for defensemen it lines up)

Last edited:

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
No real hate for Nogoalov
It’s just that he has had a few assists and/or goals for the other team and we have younger guys that can play the 3rd pairing

I love Monty, but he should not be on the PP
Not sure if he’s still feeling the injury effect’s from last year.
I would hope that he signs a team friendly contract based on the decline in his play this year.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Every time I go to bed with a loss annoying me, I wake up with better clarity. This team is a contender, however you want to dissect it. Opponents are not looking forward to facing this squad in the postseason. We are closing in on 100 points with 10 to go. Beats the bullshit we used to deal with around here.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
No real hate for Nogoalov
It’s just that he has had a few assists and/or goals for the other team and we have younger guys that can play the 3rd pairing

I love Monty, but he should not be on the PP
Not sure if he’s still feeling the injury effect’s from last year.
I would hope that he signs a team friendly contract based on the decline in his play this year.
his shoulder def isnt 100% right, hes was crazy last year on his shots, damn near everything is going wide now, it really sucks to see.

i think its just really terrible luck damn near everything pings off kulikov lol, i think thats the 3rd time, but i dont think you can really blame him for that.
Wouldnt mind sitting mahura/ballinskis to see more bjornfoot though, those two seem to excel in limited minutes but eventually the honeymoon wears off and then the other guy repeats the process.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Kuli is solid defensively but something that should be upgraded. His offensive game is such a black hole that it actively hurts the team whenever he joins to rush, which is what this team asks from it's defenders. It's a trainwreck in slow motion when he's in the offensive zone. It's incredible that over-the-hill, mother of all defensive defensemen Marc "stonehands" Staal was able to score 3 goals with this team while Kuli sits at 0.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Kuli is solid defensively but something that should be upgraded. His offensive game is such a black hole that it actively hurts the team whenever he joins to rush, which is what this team asks from it's defenders. It's a trainwreck in slow motion when he's in the offensive zone. It's incredible that over-the-hill, mother of all defensive defensemen Marc "stonehands" Staal was able to score 3 goals with this team while Kuli sits at 0.
is it just our system though?
Our defensive scoring all around is down. Outside of Gus and early season OEL we havent seen much from them. Ekblad and monty are given a pass cause of injuries and coming in late, and both have a good bit of assists, but in terms of scoring its all down.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'm not blaming Tarasenko for the slide but I still think he isn't a fit

He can score, sure, but his lack of foot speed affects are forecheck whichever line he is on. Tkachuk is slow but his IQ and his heaviness applies real pressure. Tarasenko just doesn't have that "threat."

Duclair was soft but he was at least fast and his short comings were covered by Verhaeghe and Barkov

Guess we just have to wait till Ekblad is back to really see where we are at

Reactions: KW and batting1k

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

He can score, sure, but his lack of foot speed affects are forecheck whichever line he is on. Tkachuk is slow but his IQ and his heaviness applies real pressure. Tarasenko just doesn't have that "threat."

Duclair was soft but he was at least fast and his short comings were covered by Verhaeghe and Barkov

Yes, he is slower than Duke. But Tara-tank-o can really dish out the hits. He has done so already several times in his short time here. His true value should reveil in the POs.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
is it just our system though?
Our defensive scoring all around is down. Outside of Gus and early season OEL we havent seen much from them. Ekblad and monty are given a pass cause of injuries and coming in late, and both have a good bit of assists, but in terms of scoring its all down.

Scoring is down but that's probably mostly because of the injuries with Ek and Monty. OEL had early season points because he was on the 1st unit PP and got more icetime. But with Kulikov it's just so evident whenever he joins the rush or shoots the puck, he's totally inept at it, plays die on his stick. I know there isn't an upgrade right now available and it's not like he's the worst possible option but I think next year it's something to look at.

Yes, he is slower than Duke. But Tara-tank-o can really dish out the hits. He has done so already several times in his short time here. His true value should reveil in the POs.

Tarasenko still is finding his game IMO. I'm not expecting a world beater but I think he's game is more suited for playoffs anyway, we'll see. I don't think the speed is an issue though, Tkachuk is slow too.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
yeah he had some big hits that game, just want him to shoot more, one of the best wristers in the game, feels like every shot attempt hes had has been a goal with us.
Checkin his game logs hes only getting 1-2 SOG a game. 3 goals on 12 shots lol

Reactions: austropanther

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida

Tomorrow maybe. Uvis just got sent back to Charlotte.

meme.png

Reactions: Panthers Propaganda

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
No, he is still Fatblad or Stinkblad. We would just rather have him than the other D men.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Not gonna lie.. my stream was behind last night a min or two.. when you all said kuli scored.. I thought just maybe it was on their goal not ours... Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad