Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Jagr for 2015 2nd & conditional 2016 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Jagr needs another season to get 1800 points and 11 more assists to pass the dirtbag NJ coach Adam Oates in all time assists.

Can he convince the Panthers to give him a new contract? Thats the question. My gut feeling is that Jagr wont be good enough these last 19 games to get a new NHL contract anywhere.

Well the first two games he has played for us, he has looked great!

Jan 19, 2006
Jagr needs another season to get 1800 points and 11 more assists to pass the dirtbag NJ coach Adam Oates in all time assists.

Can he convince the Panthers to give him a new contract? Thats the question. My gut feeling is that Jagr wont be good enough these last 19 games to get a new NHL contract anywhere.

Based on what we've seen this season, I'd be surprised if the Panthers didn't offer him a contract for next season.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

There is a literal 100% chance he could get a contract next year. Now a contract where he could be promised significant minutes like he wants? That might be a problem.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
There is a literal 100% chance he could get a contract next year. Now a contract where he could be promised significant minutes like he wants? That might be a problem.

What makes you believe he is slowing down anytime soon though? He has played really well for us, I guess it will take more games to see how he actually plays. But I think he could still play a top-6 role for another year (at the least).

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What makes you believe he is slowing down anytime soon though? He has played really well for us, I guess it will take more games to see how he actually plays. But I think he could still play a top-6 role for another year (at the least).

I think Jagr's game isn't contingent on athleticism, speed, etc and more so on positioning, strength, technique, mind, and coordination.

He is slow, but he will get to where he needs to. his mind allows him to see the progression of plays and he can anticipate really well.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Jagr was playing 20 minutes a game for New Jersey. When his minutes were cut to 15 his production took a nosedive. Now even if him and Oates have problems from 15 years ago, 15 minutes is still alot. If Jagr is playing 20 minutes next year it means he's on Florida's top line which I don't want.

Jan 19, 2006
When I watched Jagr's goal, slowly approaching the net - the puck finding his waiting stick - top corner ...

Made me think of the tale of the old bull and the young bull.

And that (not safe for HFBoards) story perfectly captures what Jagr can teach this team of youngsters ... and why he is still effective on the ice...

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Jagr was playing 20 minutes a game for New Jersey. When his minutes were cut to 15 his production took a nosedive. Now even if him and Oates have problems from 15 years ago, 15 minutes is still alot. If Jagr is playing 20 minutes next year it means he's on Florida's top line which I don't want.

Wasn't he playing on the same line as Zubrus and Elias though? I mean, you can't really compare that to Huberdeau and Barkov. Sure Elias probably still has a little gas left in the tank, but Huberdeau and Barkov have the speed and skill to be able to do what Jagr wants them to do, not really the same situation in Jersey. I think it all depends on how well he plays these last 19 games.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Wasn't he playing on the same line as Zubrus and Elias though? I mean, you can't really compare that to Huberdeau and Barkov. Sure Elias probably still has a little gas left in the tank, but Huberdeau and Barkov have the speed and skill to be able to do what Jagr wants them to do, not really the same situation in Jersey. I think it all depends on how well he plays these last 19 games.

apparantly it doesn't have to be much :naughty:

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia

He started the season with Zajac & Camm (Zajac sucked and Camm got hurt). After Gomez signed, he played some with him (and surprisingly they had good results in beginning). They fired the coach, Jagr got ill, then when he returned they reduced his ice time... so Jagr went figuratively, then literally, south.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
the biggest question is will jagr want to sign with us and what term and salary he will accept!

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
the biggest question is will jagr want to sign with us and what term and salary he will accept!

Jagr will sign a 1 year deal no doubt.. how much I have no clue... I don't think it's as Important to him as other factors ( ice time, role, contender) etc

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
For all Panthers fans that did not know this:

Jagr played with the flu/sickness all through december and early january, and finally he got the mumps as well at the same time and could not eat at all for 5 days. When he returned his ice time was cut from 19 minutes to 12 minutes by Adam Oates.

But also to be fair Jagr has not looked like the same player since he became sick, with Crosby looking sluggish after the mumps, you have to wonder how much it takes its toll? Especially with Jagr being 43 years old.....

Thats a point of concern for the Cats!

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
For all Panthers fans that did not know this:

Jagr played with the flu/sickness all through december and early january, and finally he got the mumps as well at the same time and could not eat at all for 5 days. When he returned his ice time was cut from 19 minutes to 12 minutes by Adam Oates.

But also to be fair Jagr has not looked like the same player since he became sick, with Crosby looking sluggish after the mumps, you have to wonder how much it takes its toll? Especially with Jagr being 43 years old.....

Thats a point of concern for the Cats!

He's looked damn good since getting here. Not concerned until he gives us a reason to be concerned.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Reading a nice article this morning on him this morning:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/0...rs-enjoying-chance-to-play-with-jaromir-jagr/

“If he can take us under his wings, that’s what we need as young players,” Huberdeau said. “I think to have a veteran like that, playing with him we’re going to learn from him.”

Jagr told Gallant that “this revives” him. There has already been talk of re-signing in Florida after the season.

For now, Jagr gets to be a kid again. Or at least act like one.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
The young guys need vets like Jagr to learn from. I'm so happy that he's there and the stopgap plugs like Bergenheim and Flash are gone. I want to see the young guys learn from stars not mediocre plugs. He will help this team mature in the right ways. I hope he stays on for next season.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think the fact that the mumps having taken its toll on him is a good thing. He'll probably finish with 40 pts this season. If he keeps on feeling better, he could come back next season rested and feeling rejuvenated playing with the kids and score 50-60 pts again.

Jan 19, 2006

The quote I referenced from the post game news conference is in this article...

"It’s funny, they’ve got the confidence. That’s what I love about them. I told [Barkov], ‘I’m going to scream. Give me the puck.’ He said, ‘You don’t have to scream. I see you.’ “Nineteen years old! I ove it.â€

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
The quote I referenced from the post game news conference is in this article...

"It’s funny, they’ve got the confidence. That’s what I love about them. I told [Barkov], ‘I’m going to scream. Give me the puck.’ He said, ‘You don’t have to scream. I see you.’ “Nineteen years old! I love it.â€

awesome :yo:

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Seems to have worked well.

But hey, I had my doubts as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad