Confirmed with Link: Panthers acquire Jagr for 2015 2nd & conditional 2016 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So Jagr was acquired for 2015 2nd and conditional 2016 3rd.

I'm pretty sure the "conditional" part of the deal was fulfilled....

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

It was only conditional in the sense that NJ (now Anaheim, since Devils traded that pick to get Palmieri) get to choose which 3rd they want, Panthers own or Minnesota's pick which we got in the Bergenheim trade. Anaheim has to make the decision either a few days before the draft or before the 2nd round (in other words, the second day of the draft) begins, that's usually how it works when teams get to choose which pick they want. Obviously they'll choose the pick that is higher.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

Not exactly.

The "condition" is that the Devils have the option of choosing either the Panthers 3rd rd pick or the Minnesota Wild 3rd rd pick (which the Panthers got in the Bergenheim trade). At this point, the Devils should be taking the Minnesota pick. Interestingly enough, the pick will then go to Anaheim per the conditions of the Kyle Palmieri trade. :)

Interesting to note: the Devils also get:
- the Red Wings 2016 3rd rd pick (from the Marek Zidlicky trade at last year's deadline)
- the Senators 2016 3rd rd pick (after trading down at last year's draft)
- Toronto's 3rd rd pick in one of the years between 2016-18 for Lou Lamoriello joining the Leafs front office
- And the Devils gave THEIR 3rd rd pick this year to Pittsburgh as compensation for hiring John Hynes as head coach (and the Penguins traded that pick to Toronto in the Kessel trade).

If you're curious, this site is FASCINATING:

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2016.htm

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Wow. You guys know everything, in detail. Thanks. Now tell me this: What's Jagr's scoring % versus left handed goalies in away games against pacific division teams in home games in March?

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Havent been on HF all day, see this " Confirmed with link: Panthers acquire.." And immediately thought Dale started TDL deals early. Was dissapointed when I read the whole title of this thread :(

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Havent been on HF all day, see this " Confirmed with link: Panthers acquire.." And immediately thought Dale started TDL deals early. Was dissapointed when I read the whole title of this thread :(

Brutal. Sorry :(

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Thanks so much for sharing, that site is awesome! :yo:

Definitely. I have spent A LOT of time browsing that site - it comes it real handy for all of those draft day trades too.

Wow. You guys know everything, in detail. Thanks. Now tell me this: What's Jagr's scoring % versus left handed goalies in away games against pacific division teams in home games in March?

That depends - are we talking about North American goalies or goalies of European descent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad