GDT: "PANDEMIC PROSPECTING" • 2020 NHL ENTRY DRAFT • R1: Holloway • R2-7: Oct 7, 9:30 AM • SN

Will the Oilers make any trades or moves (besides picks) today or tomorrow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I just want someone to take the goalie before we have the chance. Forward cupboards are absolutely bare
Complete opposite for me. If they were worried about cupboards being bare they should have drafted a forward last year and not traded their 2nd rounders.

I'd be super super happy if they got Askarov, he is my #1 choice for the oilers. He won't be there though, I think he is going much higher than people think. It would not shock me if Ottawa took him at 5. (Dorain would get killed for it though)

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If Askarov is there you take him. We need a goalie for the next 50 years, 18 years playing time and 32 years OBC v2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Your always so pessimistic lol
How is that being pessimistic?
There are usually 4-12 trades at the draft between the 2 days. 31 teams in the league. Saying there might be 1 trade at the draft for us isn't at all pessimistic.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If Askarov is there you take him. We need a goalie for the next 50 years, 18 years playing time and 32 years OBC v2.0.

Who was the last solid starting goalie we drafted that turned into a super star?
GRANT FUR!
If he's available 100% gotta take him.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I could see us taking Peterka. IMO he's better then Reichel and I see him in the top 20.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I could see us taking Peterka. IMO he's better then Reichel and I see him in the top 20.
In what way? Reichel has more goals than Peterka has points last year in the same league in very similar games played? Reichel and more than double his points.

What in his game do you see closing that gap?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Saw a few clips of WJC and came to that conclusion
I haven't followed the German prospects at all this year.

But based on the available information I don't see why you would go for Peterka over Reichel.

Maybe if he was a very late birthday but Peterka is like 5 months older than Reichel too so he doesn't really have that. Only thing he has on him is that he is shorter but heavier which imo to me shows he is already kind of grown into his body.

I'm not seeing anything scouting reports wise that makes up for a massive offensive production difference last year

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
In what way? Reichel has more goals than Peterka has points last year in the same league in very similar games played? Reichel and more than double his points.

I like Peterka's motor. He's more competitive which you can't teach.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
And Peter Chiarelli would like to announce trading the number 14th pick to get Taylor Hall back...

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I like Peterka's motor. He's more competitive which you can't teach.
Is he? From scouting reports sounds like Reichel is a relentless checker and works hard.

More competitive is great and is hard to teach true, but I don't see, at least reading wise the competitive difference being wide enough to make up for a big difference in production

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

I agree with this. makes too much sense. He will be a stud. Goalies now fall in the draft every year, and he is probably the best goalie prospect in years. Take him and we have a goalie for the next 10 some years.

Reactions: frag2

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Is he? From scouting reports sounds like Reichel is a relentless checker and works hard.

More competitive is great and is hard to teach true, but I don't see, at least reading wise the competitive difference being wide enough to make up for a big difference in production

Production could be based off their line mates though. Would need to see. I don't know the German league that well. And yes I'm going off his WJC performance as that the easiest video to find and shows these guys against similar competition. On the same team I like Peterka more.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

The thing that I really find appealing about his game as I think he could really fit well with McDavid. And saying that, is not something I say lightly. The guy has really good instincts and feel for the games. Hes all around the net. I think he will be pretty good on the forecheck and the boards once he fills out.

I see alot of people throw things around on the board thinking someone could play with McDavid. To date we havent really seen many players that fit well with him. I read things like, Oilers should sign Grabner, he would fit well with McDavid. Just because someones a good skater, doesnt mean hes going to fit with McDavid. See AA.

To me, I think the type of player McDavid needs is a guy whos smart, knows where to be, is good around the net and good on puck retrievals on the boards. (Like a Mark Stone type). Reichel checks all those boxes. But hes a prospect so who knows. But thats what I really like about Reichel.

Reactions: Canovin

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
How is that being pessimistic?
There are usually 4-12 trades at the draft between the 2 days. 31 teams in the league. Saying there might be 1 trade at the draft for us isn't at all pessimistic.
You’re probably right but it is an odd year. Maybe we see more

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Tell me your guys ranking of these players if they were available for the Oilers.:

Sanderson
Lundell
Quinn
Jarvis

Quinn
Sanderson
Jarvis
---
Lundell

I'd have a real hard time passing on Jarvis if he and Sanderson were both still on the board though (not that that has any chance of happening at 14).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland