Rumor: Pagnotta: Josh Bailey's name keeps popping up as the player getting traded so NYI can sign Kadri and RFAs. Varlamov staying

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Process of elimination.

1. Only makes 3.5M in actual dollars.
2. Only two years left on deal.
3. Still puts up some numbers.
4. No trade protection.

It was likely going to have to be him or Beauvillier, but Bailey opens more cap room.

I doubt they get anything significant for him. 40 point forwards with 5M cap hits aren't in high demand.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Process of elimination.

4. No trade protection.

It was likely going to have to be him or Beauvillier, but Bailey opens more cap room.

I doubt they get anything significant for him. 40 point forwards with 5M cap hits aren't in high demand.
The question isn’t “what will they get?” Its “what will they have to give up?”

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Potentially. I don't know how the market evaluates Bailey.

Ottawa was able to get a 2nd for Connor Brown, but he only had one year and had a slightly lower cap hit. Bjorkstrand had better production, more term and a good cap hit and returned very little.

I could see anything from the Islanders acquiring a 3rd all the way to even giving up a 2nd.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
2 years at $5 million AAV is not easy to move right now. They’d have better luck sucking Vegas into trading for Varlamov as they’re obviously going to LTIR Lehner, and that’s not even logical yet.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The teams that would want a vet winger who can produce some don’t have cap space. The teams that have cap space won’t take him without being given an incentive to. Good luck.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Process of elimination.

4. No trade protection.

He's paced 50+ points over 82 games for like four or five straight seasons before last season. Last season he paced a 48 points.

So yeah, he's not a 40 point player

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Process of elimination.

4. No trade protection.

Isles are definitely going to have to attach an asset to get rid of the last 2 years of Bailey.

Canucks for example have had Tanner Pearson on the block and no takers, he only makes 3.2 mil for 2 mor years.

Pearson is 3 years younger, has 45 goals the last 3 seasons vs Bailey and his 35 over last 3 seasons. Bailey is a better playmaker and this isnt meant to put Bailey down but more so to show the lack of value on wingers at the moment.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Could’ve simply bought him out at $1.16 for the next four years. If Lou has to give up anything significant—and he will—he should be fired.

His mismanagement of assets has gone on long enough. He overpays in every trade, then overpays the player, causing him to give up more assets

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Potentially. I don't know how the market evaluates Bailey.

Ottawa was able to get a 2nd for Connor Brown, but he only had one year and had a slightly lower cap hit. Bjorkstrand had better production, more term and a good cap hit and returned very little.

I could see anything from the Islanders acquiring a 3rd all the way to even giving up a 2nd.
We’ll see but given the current cap environment I’d be surprised if the isles were able to move Bailey without attaching a significant asset. Who knows tho, maybe Lou can work his magic.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Isles are definitely going to have to attach an asset to get rid of the last 2 years of Bailey.

Canucks for example have had Tanner Pearson on the block and no takers, he only makes 3.2 mil for 2 mor years.

Pearson is 3 years younger, has 45 goals the last 3 seasons vs Bailey and his 35 over last 3 seasons. Bailey is a better playmaker and this isnt meant to put Bailey down but more so to show the lack of value on wingers at the moment.
Bailey PPG over the past two seasons = .61

Pearson PPG over the past two seasons = .44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad