Series Talk: Pageau/ Clutterbuck questions

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
One thing going for Clutterbuck if he’s in a fight he won’t have to worry about getting hit in the eye

An "enforcer" with 10 fights in 13 years against guys like Kobasew and Yappy Lappy? My ribs are hurting from laughing at this thread.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
nonsense, every team has an enforcer. i found this video shoud I be terrified of taylor hall? is bush league hockey everytime an opposing team dares to hit a Bruin? Clutterbuck has a long NHL career and he plays the way he does to.stay in the league to protect his teams skill players. notice he wears an A on his jersey? islanders must be the new most dirty evil team ever just like the caps, lightning, blues or whoever dares to play physical hockey

Classic - going back to a YouTube clip form 8 years ago to claim some kid of equivalence and make some kind of self loathing point about being a Bruins fan. I love you New England

Reactions: jgatie

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Classic - going back to a YouTube clip form 8 years ago to claim some kid of equivalence and make some kind of self loathing point about being a Bruins fan. I love you New England

so we are terrified of an older enforcer. Thats nice. Pretty sure Clutterbuck isn't playing this long bc of his skill play

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My grand mother told me when you are starting shit and/or telling someone to F off to look them in eye. Nana knows best
pops was the same with me, if I was going to mouth off or start stuff up, be prepared to defend myself and be willing to accept what`s coming

I wasn`t a player who really stirred up anything, I was a player who, despite my size, could be found in front of opposing goalies making life miserable for them and the D, I was typically smaller than most at that time but I stood in there and took a pounding.

When I was starting to have back issues at 17, the chiropractor showed my father a few x-rays and highly recommended I don`t continue on with any contact sports as my spine was already in terrible shape from constant crosschecks and hits from behind which were very much part of the game then. I was the dude who got up every time and said not one word to the opponents, almost sure this pissed them off more especially when I came back for more the next shift:)

Reactions: BMC

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
Clutterbuck is the modern grind forward that certain teams value.

He's physical and not skilled enough to be a true power forward like Lucic was. His game is energy and grit.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
nonsense, every team has an enforcer. i found this video shoud I be terrified of taylor hall? is bush league hockey everytime an opposing team dares to hit a Bruin? Clutterbuck has a long NHL career and he plays the way he does to.stay in the league to protect his teams skill players. notice he wears an A on his jersey? islanders must be the new most dirty evil team ever just like the caps, lightning, blues or whoever dares to play physical hockey

Clutterbuck is not there to protect anyone, but to create energy and instigate. I bet he has fought less than five times in the NHL. He also drove Chara's head into the boards when Z was on his knees a few seasons ago. Chara was not happy then.

NYI are nothing like those teams you listed.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
And you notice the first thing Clusterf*** did was move behind the ref before Pasta could get at him. Typical. He's been a spot picking coward his entire career.

A cringeworthy player to give the A to. Then again, it works for them.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Clutterbuck is real dangerous because he's just that, a rat and will cheap-shot you no matter the score or situation. Pageau on the other hand is a real-gamer and I firmly believe his only attempt was to send a message not only directed at Hall but to everyone wearing Bruins Uni, that were still here and you beat us this time, but were not going away and we might lose, but your going to now you were in a dog fight right to the very end.
I agree. However it was pretty pathetic effort. Hall just acted more confused than anything. Which is much more effective response. As if “go away kid” you are literally not worth my time.

He was just channeling his inner Leo Komarov. It’s exactly what he did to Pasta at the end of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad